Im stupid, how do I setup plugins, shoot.py & Eos Utility  

Everything you need to motorize your head
no avatar
GRADGUY

Im stupid, how do I setup plugins, shoot.py & Eos Utility

by GRADGUY » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:44 am

I'm having a lot of difficulty setting up Pappy Wizard and could use some explantion of whats should be done.

My setup is a Canon EOS 5D Mark II and I would like to run the EOS utility for bracketing / triggering.

I'm failing to understand how to set up the Autohotkey and Pappy Wizard plugin to synchronize everything correctly.
I've complied the code and have a EOSBracket.exe in my C:\Program Files\Papywizard directory. Also in that directory I have EOSBracket.ahk

In my "C:\Users\gradguy\AppData\Roaming\papywizard2\plugins" I have the newEOSplugin.py. Though I am not sure it that is the correct location for the plugins folder. I created it as it was not there to begin with nor was it anywhere else for that matter. So I placed the in that folder.

In Pappy Wizard I am not getting the preferences menu that I should now have.

Lastly I'm not sure where to get or make a shoot.py... or where it should go once I get it...

Anyway any help would great.
Thanks

fma38

by fma38 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:31 am

I think you are not using the correct version of Papywizard; I suggest you use the latest dev. release (2.1.20).
Frédéric

Canon 20D + 17-40/f4 L USM + 70-200/f4 L USM + 50/f1.4 USM
Merlin/Orion panohead + Papywizard on Nokia N800 and HP TC-1100

no avatar
GRADGUY

by GRADGUY » Mon May 21, 2012 2:33 am

Hi Fredric...
I downloaded it and to my great joy it worked. However I am now experiencing a rather annoying issue where the up and down control are reversed. I thought this could be adjusted under pappywizard's shooting menu. I have tried several combinations and nothing seems to reverse the pitch control in pappywizard. Because my canon g10's ports are all on its right side I can't rotate the camera around to face the other direction.

My other question is there a keyboard shutter release hotkey. I remember that one pappywizard version had trigger release under a menu item. But I haven't seen it in this latest build.

Any thoughts?

Thanks the reply.
Cheers,

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon May 21, 2012 6:42 am

GRADGUY wrote:Hi Fredric...
I downloaded it and to my great joy it worked. However I am now experiencing a rather annoying issue where the up and down control are reversed. I thought this could be adjusted under papywizard's shooting menu. I have tried several combinations and nothing seems to reverse the pitch control in papywizard. Because my canon g10's ports are all on its right side I can't rotate the camera around to face the other direction.

Set the value for Pitch arm side to 'left' and for Camera orientation to 'landscape' - see screenshot 1.

My other question is there a keyboard shutter release hotkey. I remember that one Papywizard version had trigger release under a menu item. But I haven't seen it in this latest build.

Any thoughts?

It's under the Hardware menu - See screenshot 2.

Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

Return to Motorized panohead project: Merlin, Orion & Papywizard