Saving AAP files as 16 bit embedded .PSD .PSB  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Mr Moose

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Mr Moose » Fri May 06, 2011 9:27 pm

Asher Kelman wrote:
Mr Moose wrote:I always use 16 bit.

Asher Kelman wrote:
But are these 8BIT or 16 BIT?

Asher

Mr. moose,

How big are these 16 BIT files that open so readily in Photoshop. I can't do it except once with a file 3 GB. What versions of Photoshop do these 12GB layered 16 BIT files open in?

Asher

CS5, and they are .PSB extension.
I tried to save one of these large files as a "Tif" the other day, there must be a file size limit for tif as it wouldn't save it.

no avatar
Asher Kelman

Info

by Asher Kelman » Sat May 07, 2011 6:10 am

Thanks!

and what's the largest size PSB file 16 BIT you have saved in autopano that has opened normally in CS5?

Asher
Mr Moose wrote:
Asher Kelman wrote:
Mr Moose wrote:I always use 16 bit.

Mr. moose,

How big are these 16 BIT files that open so readily in Photoshop. I can't do it except once with a file 3 GB. What versions of Photoshop do these 12GB layered 16 BIT files open in?

Asher

CS5, and they are .PSB extension.
I tried to save one of these large files as a "Tif" the other day, there must be a file size limit for tif as it wouldn't save it.
Journeys to the Masterpiece

"The Intimate Artistic Photography Forum"

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Mon May 09, 2011 7:49 am

We did here a rendering of a 209 GB PSB file on a Mac Pro. It did open in CS5 without any issue.

no avatar
Asher Kelman

Info

by Asher Kelman » Mon May 09, 2011 4:38 pm

AlexandreJ wrote:We did here a rendering of a 209 GB PSB file on a Mac Pro. It did open in CS5 without any issue.

Good report Alexandre!

Myself, as you know I have managed over 400 GB in 8 BIT. Was yours 16 BIT,

Asher
Journeys to the Masterpiece

"The Intimate Artistic Photography Forum"

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Mon May 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Yes, it was a 16bits PSB ( 119 images, all included, 13 layers also included + panorama ).

no avatar
eudanck

Info

by eudanck » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:01 pm

GURL wrote:Photoshop Layers palette is to be used when one wants to work with Autopano PSD!

- Eyes in the left column are used to make the layer transparent (=nothing) or visible (=100% or adjusted if you wish.)
- You can drag and drop a layer where you want it in the stack.
- You can duplicate a layer.
- You can mask some layer portions: click on the "circle in a rectangle" icon for that and paint the mask (most tools have a selectable "hardness", grandient tool often works great, etc...)
- Adjustment layers are probably the greatest Photoshop feature (they are created using the circular half black/half white icon)
- By using this palette you can avoid remembering any of the so-called "shortcuts"...

For photographers and especially for panographers this palette is by far the most useful feature of Photoshop. Its very easy to learn: just try, if you did something wrong just type Ctrl Z or use History.

The following is an example of the "by names" correspondence between Autopano layers and Photoshop layers (watch the names at the bottom of the second screen capture and the name in the Photoshop Layers palette.)

You can change the name of Autopano layers (and thus of PS layers) if you wish.

not found the exact location for the option ENABLE layers, when I export the img, I select the extension. psd, but this option DISABLED layers.

How to enable?

Many tnks

ThomasV
Kolor Team

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by ThomasV » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:27 am

Hello,

If you selected the PSD/PSB extension, then the 'Layers' checkbox is enabled only if you have multiple layers in the editor. Could you please check ?
If you want the individual images as layers in photoshop, just check the 'Images' checkbox.

Regards,
Thomas

Previous