parameter for swf player?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
fneumeier

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

parameter for swf player?

by fneumeier » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:52 pm

I'm trying to embed a panorama swf-file produced by Autopano Tour into Wordpress. I want to avoid embedding all data into the swf file as this takes a long time to load in the browser with the user just seeing nothing ...

Now, if I don't embed everything in the swf file, the player is trying to load the panorama and button images from a standard path like "filenamedata/graphics/file.jpg". Embedding the swf-player in a Wordpress posting this will end up in the player not finding this path, of course.

Is there a way to tell the swf player where the data is? Something like a parameter "baseurl=/my/path/"? Or via flashvars?

Thanks
Franz

no avatar
ememiks

Info

by ememiks » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:56 pm

Yes there is a solution but a tight solution. The pano.swf and panodata folder must be the top level of your wordpress directory. I mean the panodata and pano.swf and wp-admin wp-content folders must be same level. And also you must install kimili flash embed wordpress plugin to your blog. And with this configuration your panos would work properly.

The second way i think manual method; in autopano tour you must save your pano with xml output (in panorama settings untick Embed XML Files option) and you can manually edit the all paths with hand, but you can also do that with multiple search and replace function with coda or automator, if you are a mac owner:)

fneumeier

Topic author
Info

by fneumeier » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks so very much. It works like a charm :-)

Franz