running the batch rendering on a remote machine  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
pjakobs

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

running the batch rendering on a remote machine

by pjakobs » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:02 am

I've bought a Windows Version of Autopano Pro and am currently using it on my notebook computer. As the notebook is not the newest around, it only runs 32Bit Windows and has rather limited RAM (2G). I have a Linux x64 Server running with considerably more horespower and 8GB of RAM, so it would make a lot of sense to me to use to notebook to actually create the .pano file and then have the server do the "heavy lifting".

Here's two questions:

- can I do that with just a single license? After all, I'm still just using the product as a single person, just the front- and backend on different machines.

- is there a way to run the backend without the GUI, ie, just as a batch job on a .pano file? (like render xyz.pano)

thanks in advance

pj

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:54 pm

pjakobs wrote:I've bought a Windows Version of Autopano Pro and am currently using it on my notebook computer. As the notebook is not the newest around, it only runs 32Bit Windows and has rather limited RAM (2G). I have a Linux x64 Server running with considerably more horespower and 8GB of RAM, so it would make a lot of sense to me to use to notebook to actually create the .pano file and then have the server do the "heavy lifting".

Here's two questions:

- can I do that with just a single license? After all, I'm still just using the product as a single person, just the front- and backend on different machines.

- is there a way to run the backend without the GUI, ie, just as a batch job on a .pano file? (like render xyz.pano)

thanks in advance

pj

I remember some posting concerning Q1: yes you can do it:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t6604-autopano-user-license-question

correct me, if I'm wrong: Q2: no

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

marco-pano

Info

by marco-pano » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:25 am

Question #2: I don't think APP has some facility to start a rendering batch from command line. But you don't have to load the .pano file in the main window of APP (pano preview on the right). Launch APP, click on "Batch renderer" button. In the batch renderer window, click on "add project" and add your .pano projects in the list.
Marco, Paris ;)
Canon EOS 40D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105 LIS, EF 70-200 LIS - Canon G9 (wide-converter)
DxO v7.5, Autopano Pro 2.6, PS CS5 and time

no avatar
pjakobs

Topic author
Info

by pjakobs » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:46 am

Georg, danke, yes, I thought that the license would be handled like this. It's just what is most sensible.
Marco, merci, I'll try that. Only issue for me is, that the server technically doesn't have a GUI at all, so I have to use a virtual GUI session. I'll give it a try.

pj

DrSlony

Info

by DrSlony » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:37 am

pjakobs look into Autopano Server.