Can these two panoramas be stitched?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
letsjumpnow

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Can these two panoramas be stitched?

by letsjumpnow » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:08 am

APP isn't detecting these automatically--I think some Photoshop work might need to be done. I'm still a newbie at the program; I was wondering if any of you guys could help me get this to work. I had many successful panoramas today, but these are the two (well, there are three here, but of two subjects) that I REALLY wanted to come out good, and they're not!

Take a look and I'd much appreciate!

Alec

DrSlony

Info

by DrSlony » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:56 am

Overlap in these images is slight or non-existent. When shooting photos for panos, try to keep 20-40% overlap.
Also use as small an aperture as possible unless blurry trees is what you wanted.
You also moved around between shots. Not only should you stay in one spot, but you should rotate around the nodal point of your lens, as described here:
http://www.autopano.net/wiki/action/view/Adjusting_or_verifying_a_panohead
Or if you dont have a pano head, as I presume you don't. then:
http://www.autopano.net/wiki/action/view/What_to_do_when_you_don%27t_have_a_panohead

no avatar
Gordon

Info

by Gordon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:45 am

I agree you need at least 30% overlap in your images, I would also suggest a lens hood be used.

Gordon
2000th Member :D

GigaPixel Experimenter
Gigapan Beta Unit, Canon Powershot S5IS, Canon 350D, Nikon D40, Manfrotto Tripod, BT-Serial + Papywizard on Nokia 770, Fully-Operational Merlin the Wizard Unit!!!