3 of 4 images imported  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
gcarr

3 of 4 images imported

by gcarr » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:33 pm

I have 4 images and when I imported them they showed up as attached. However when I clicked the arrow only 3 images were transferred. The message states that the stitching quality is very good - 2.68. The image missing is well lit and sharp. Why would it not be transferred? Image 1,2,3 is missing.

Last edited by gcarr on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:43 pm

Upload the images somewhere where I can download them and I'll tell you why?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
hankkarl

by hankkarl » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:52 pm

Try selecting "force every image to be in the same panorama" see http://www.autopano.net/wiki/action/view/Application_Settings#Detection

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:40 pm

gcarr wrote:I have 4 images and when I imported them they showed up as attached. However when I clicked the arrow only 3 images were transferred. The message states that the stitching quality is very good - 2.68. The image missing is well lit and sharp. Why would it not be transferred? Image 1,2,3 is missing.

Did you try "detection=high" in the editor?
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
beeloba

by beeloba » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Other suggestion…
As it is tonne-mapped tif, you may have some mess in the exif, can you check in the detection properties if the focal length is correct.

no avatar
GURL

by GURL » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:01 am

beeloba wrote:you may have some mess in the exif, can you check in the detection properties if the focal length is correct.

"No EXIF" is displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen capture.

My guess is that this should not prevent correct control points placement but could result in a somewhat distorted pano. Anyway, manually entering the corect focal length will no hurt!

As displayed in the capture, thumbnails are very small, but it looks like the overlap between some of them is not large enough.
Georges

no avatar
gcarr

by gcarr » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:35 pm

hankkarl wrote:Try selecting "force every image to be in the same panorama" see http://www.autopano.net/wiki/action/view/Application_Settings#Detection

tried that and the result SAID 4 images imported however there was no change - still the same three.

no avatar
gcarr

by gcarr » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:36 pm

mediavets wrote:Upload the images somewhere where I can download them and I'll tell you why?

I sent you the email- did you not receive?
Gary

no avatar
gcarr

by gcarr » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:45 pm

klausesser wrote:
gcarr wrote:I have 4 images and when I imported them they showed up as attached. However when I clicked the arrow only 3 images were transferred. The message states that the stitching quality is very good - 2.68. The image missing is well lit and sharp. Why would it not be transferred? Image 1,2,3 is missing.

Did you try "detection=high" in the editor?

IT WORKED! However the lake is not joined well 'note '
Thank you.

no avatar
gcarr

by gcarr » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:54 pm

GURL wrote:
beeloba wrote:you may have some mess in the exif, can you check in the detection properties if the focal length is correct.

My guess is that this should not prevent correct control points placement but could result in a somewhat distorted pano. Anyway, manually entering the corect focal length will no hurt!

As displayed in the capture, thumbnails are very small, but it looks like the overlap between some of them is not large enough.

What do you mean by 'EXIF'? What is it ? Where is it"
Here is one I did that worked and I don't see EXIF anywhere.

Last edited by gcarr on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:01 am

EXIF is data about the camera, lens and camera settings - it is normally stored within the image files.

Pre-processing images such as you did can strip this EXIF data from images.

APP uses the EXIF data, it can cause problems if it is missing.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
gcarr

by gcarr » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi Andrew - I'm using an Nikon D80 and shooting in aperture priority so focal length shouldn't be an issue. I assume when you say pre-processing you're referring to HDR. I did convert them them to HDR and THEN converted them in APP. Does APP then prevent you from processing in HDR?
I'm also on a MAC G5 OX10.
Thanks, Gary

no avatar
gcarr

by gcarr » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:39 pm

GURL wrote:

Georges - can you send me or show me an example of EXIF shown?

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:56 pm

gcarr wrote:
GURL wrote:

In APP, open a new group, add some images (just as they come from the camera with no pre-processing), double click on any image thumbnail and you get a window as shown below. You can see some of the EXIF data displayed on an overlay which can be toggled on/off via the EXIF button.

If you want to see all the EXIF data stored in your images then download the free Opanda EXIF viewer for Windows:
http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/index.html

Last edited by mediavets on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:02 pm

gcarr wrote:Hi Andrew - I'm using an Nikon D80 and shooting in aperture priority so focal length shouldn't be an issue. I assume when you say pre-processing you're referring to HDR. I did convert them them to HDR and THEN converted them in APP. Does APP then prevent you from processing in HDR?
I'm also on a MAC G5 OX10.
Thanks, Gary

1. What does Aperture priority have to do with focal length?

2. Conversion to HDR before stitching will remove the EXIF data.

3. No, APP can stitch images that have been pre-processed as HDR or expsoure blenede or whatever.

4. Did you really need tone-mapped HDR images for input to APP?

5. Many people prefer exposure blending to HDR and tonemapping.

6. Very tongue in cheek and diving for cover as I write - I'm afraid I can't help you with your Mac handicap/addiction. ;)
Last edited by mediavets on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
gcarr

by gcarr » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:26 pm

Thanks Andrew - I've always had an admiration for the British dry humor.

no avatar
beeloba

by beeloba » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:26 pm

This picture from Raynox contains Exif data… HERE The proper download link is THERE, save it as
Just open it in most of image editor and you'll see the data… in the info field or in APP :)

no avatar
gcarr

by gcarr » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:13 pm

mediavets wrote:
gcarr wrote:
GURL wrote:"No EXIF" is displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen capture.

In APP, open a new group, add some images (just as they come from the camera with no pre-processing), double click on any image thumbnail and you get a window as shown below. You can see some of the EXIF data displayed on an overlay which can be toggled on/off via the EXIF button.

If you want to see all the EXIF data stored in your images then download the free Opanda EXIF viewer for Windows:

This is too bizarre! Now I'm not getting any folders to open. I went step by step and nothing opens. I go to browsw folder and select choose folder with the 3 little dots. The folders on my desktop appear and I select the folder and click choose. NOTHING HAPPENS -see attachments. I have tried different folders with the same results.

no avatar
gcarr

by gcarr » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:12 am

Ok I went step by step. I rebooted my computer, I reset default settings and the same thing happens. I went to browse folder (3rd pic) and clicked and got a pop up (see pic 1) and clicked the 3 dots. I got another pop up showing folders on my desk top (see pic 2 - in this case I had already found the right folder so it automatically popped up). I click choose and it disappears and nothing.
What could the problem be?

Last edited by gcarr on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

fma38

by fma38 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:40 am

Did you try to activate the APP panels, with the buttons between the 'load pictures' and 'gear' ones?
Frédéric

Canon 20D + 17-40/f4 L USM + 70-200/f4 L USM + 50/f1.4 USM
Merlin/Orion panohead + Papywizard on Nokia N800 and HP TC-1100

no avatar
gcarr

by gcarr » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:51 pm

Thanks for replying Frederic - I don't know what/ where you mean. Which image above are you referring to? The first, second or third?
The third image has a blue 'gear' but I don't see 'load pictures or buttons. Perhaps you can help me here.
Thanks,
Gary

fma38

by fma38 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:59 pm

Try this icon...

Frédéric

Canon 20D + 17-40/f4 L USM + 70-200/f4 L USM + 50/f1.4 USM
Merlin/Orion panohead + Papywizard on Nokia N800 and HP TC-1100

no avatar
gcarr

by gcarr » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:59 pm

fma38 wrote:Did you try to activate the APP panels, with the buttons between the 'load pictures' and 'gear' ones?

It worked when I clicked 'load pictures' as oppose to browse folders. Why would that be? The tutorial says to click 'browse folders' first.
Gary

no avatar
gcarr

by gcarr » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:48 pm

mediavets wrote:
gcarr wrote:
GURL wrote:"No EXIF" is displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen capture.

Andrew - here is an image with no pre-processing and it has some information but nothing compared to yours that seems to be a Windows program that I can't work with on my Mac.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:54 pm

No, that's a stitched pano.

I mean images as they come from the camera - just as I said - please read my post again:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/p37161-2009-01-17-15-56-13#p37161

I expect you'll find an EXIF viewer for the Mac if you do a Google search.
Last edited by mediavets on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

Next

Return to Using Autopano Pro & Autopano Giga