problem with stitching. nadir in the middle of photo  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
regardit.eu

problem with stitching. nadir in the middle of photo

by regardit.eu » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:01 am

Hi guys.

I never had this problem before,

stitching works fine 2.99 but now I have a nadir in the middle of the photo and everything is around it. here is the photo http://www.flickr.com/photos/33182528@N08/3181142745/sizes/l/

8 photos are in jpg. shot 10.5mm nikkor. bottom is photoshop with Alpha layer to tiff. and then stitched together. I did this million times never had problem.

what did I do wrong? All started recently with all panoramas.

Thanks in Advance

MIKE

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:44 am

You did nothing wrong.

APP tries to figure out how to orientate a panorama but sometimes you end up with this.

Just re-orienetate it yourself - it is easy:

http://www.autopano.net/wiki/action/view/How_to_straighten_a_panorama
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
regardit.eu

by regardit.eu » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:33 pm

thanks.

I tried to correct it with vertical lines. and I just should try to click the central point. Thanks a lot

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:36 pm

regardit.eu wrote:thanks.

I tried to correct it with vertical lines. and I just should try to click the central point. Thanks a lot

When your initial preview is displayed as you showed - with nadir centred at 0/0 location - try using the Yaw/Pitch/Roll button and entering a value of 90 or -90 for pitch then click the tick symbol.

It may end up upside down - in which case use the 180 button.

After that use the Automatic horizon button - that will usually level it up fine.

It it doesn't then use the Vertical lines tool to get it spot on.
Last edited by mediavets on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
regardit.eu

by regardit.eu » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:54 pm

Ok I gave it a try. what happens now, is that the panorama is inside out. very strange. There might be a problem with the nadir, as I shot it hand held.

I still work on the panorama. As a practice. Did compare the result wit PT gui, the reslt was nearly same. I did screw my settings or something.

I also tested it with all 36 photos as it is in HDR. The result was perfect match, but the Nadir was missing. I included the photos for nadir but something went wrong.

no avatar
hankkarl

by hankkarl » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:06 pm

Sounds like your pano is now centered on the vertex, not the nadir. Just use the centerpoint tool, click on a point to the left (or right) of your pano that looks like its on the horizon or where the horizon should be. Then use the 90 degreee rotation tool. You may have to do a 180 rotation if you pick the wrong 90 degree tool (one goes clockwise, the other counterclockwise)

If the nadir is missing, look for the photos or panos that are unlinked.

Return to Using Autopano Pro & Autopano Giga