Very strange effect after stitching???  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
cptpicard

Very strange effect after stitching???

by cptpicard » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:37 am

Hi all,

I'm trying to stitch together 84 images using this software to create myself a full 360 degree spherical. However, after letting the software do its thing, I get this strange effect afterwards. I've attached the image - I hope!

I'm using a fujifilm finepixz camera and shooting each image at 10MP.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Cpt

no avatar
digipano

by digipano » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:30 am

APP is the only software I know which can give you this interesting zig zag pattern, I like it but that doesn't solve your problem.

There can be several issues why APP is not stitching it properly.
Do you have exif information in the images or is it missing? APP needs that, if you have it then try setting the following settings for detection.

Quality of detection set to "high"
check "Force every image to be in the same panorama"

This should work & you may want to read these threads dealing with somewhat similar problems.

http://www.autopano.net/forum/t5053-app-is-overlapping-similar-photos-on-inside-of-building

http://www.autopano.net/forum/t4989-need-support-to-make-zenith-and-nadir-look-right-in-app

If you still cant get that stitched post your images downsized with exif info intact & members will be happy to help you by stitching your images & tell you whats going wrong & how to deal with it. Also post your shooting setup, eg lens/camera/panohead & other relevant details.
Last edited by digipano on Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

fma38

by fma38 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:18 am

Such problem is often related to EXIF detection. Check if informations are correct. If not, correct them in the left panel, before launching pano detection.
Frédéric

Canon 20D + 17-40/f4 L USM + 70-200/f4 L USM + 50/f1.4 USM
Merlin/Orion panohead + Papywizard on Nokia N800 and HP TC-1100

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:52 am

This can sometimes be related to some wrong link detection and the lens distortion correction diverges due to that.
- First check exif if it's correct especially between fisheye and standard lens.
- second disable lens distortion correction but keep robust algorithm checked. This will solve that issue.

no avatar
cptpicard

by cptpicard » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:19 am

Thank you all for your suggestions.

AlexandreJ, I managed to get it working using your method, many thanks.

Cpt.

Return to Using Autopano Pro & Autopano Giga