First 360 QTVR Attempt With APP Success !!  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
PrOxY

First 360 QTVR Attempt With APP Success !!

by PrOxY » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:38 am

I just picked up APP and tried my first ever panorama (a 360 QTVR in my yard). Although i'm still trying to figure it all out, the software was very intuitive and I just basically winged it (that speaks volumes for its ease of use). Here was my first backyard quickie 360 QTVR attempt. I dont have a site to host the full virtual pano yet, but it stitched up perfectly and looks great in QT:) I shot it on my 40D with a Sigma 8mm 3.5. I took 4 shots around and one down (I used Pano2VR for export, which was suggested here in the forums). I look forward to actually learning what I'm doing ...lol! Thanks for a great product!
Last edited by PrOxY on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrOxY

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:47 am

If you just want to host panos online you might like to try this site:

http://viewat.org/
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Bisonwerks

by Bisonwerks » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:16 am

I see that Autopano Giga is supposed to allow you to export to Flash. I don't have QTVR but have Flash, CS3. Can someone advise how one makes images similar to QTVR using Flash? I have not been able to get the files to open once I export them to Flash

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:25 am

Bisonwerks wrote:I see that Autopano Giga is supposed to allow you to export to Flash. I don't have QTVR but have Flash, CS3. Can someone advise how one makes images similar to QTVR using Flash? I have not been able to get the files to open once I export them to Flash

At the moment the easiest was of creating QTVR and/or FlashVR from a stitched pano image is to use Pano2VR - it will optionally also create a web page in which to display the result(s) - a free trial version is available here:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr.php

Autopano Giga (APG) is still in an early Alpha state of development and made available only for testing, it is not yet fit for serious production work. The final release of APG is currently scheduled for the end of February 2009.

APG includes a separate program called Autopano Tour (APT) that will also create FlashVR with and optional web page. You may need to download the KRpano player/viewer to play the panos:
http://krpano.com/

If you wish to produce panos now I suggest you use Autopano Pro 1.4.2 to stitch and render and (then) Pano2VR to generate QTVR and/or FlashVR for display on the Web.

Internet Explorer will open and display SWF files generated with APG AFAIK.
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

Return to Using Autopano Pro & Autopano Giga