Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:55 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:00 pm 

Hello, could you please help me out, I am trying to get better panoramas for real estate since the highlight sun on the windows do not look right I have been reading the tutorial but no success yet, I have posted a screen to show you the image and where also seems to me like correccià³n de Color HDR (HDR color correction) is not activated, I do not know if I am missing a prior action or something else but can not activate it; to fix this image I have tried with bracketed pictures from +2 to-2 and also RAW pictures in CR2 Raw in the Beta program with no luck, could you please give me some tips step by step to have HDR correction working or another way to fix this windows highlight problem so it’s clear outside and inside the house.

Thank you very much for your help!!

Last edited by ELIZBA on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:04 pm 

Screen showing HDR correction color not activated and highlight on windows

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:37 pm 

Two approaches have been recommended.

1) Stitch the pano with all brackets and output a separate layer for each bracket - then use an exposure blending program - eg. Enfuse or Tufuse - to blend the panos together, or use an HDR program like Photomatix.

2) Use an exposure blending or HDR program to 'merge' the bracketed shots at each position before sticthing with APP.

-2 to +2 may well not be a sufficient range, if that's the limit of AEB on your camera you may have to bracket manually.

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:32 pm 

Thank you Andrew, I will try both recommendations.

Best Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:41 pm 

One question, trying to edit in the Autopano for No color correction, LDR color correction.. the HDR color correction is disable I can not activate it, is there something it needs to be done to make it work or that's normal and it just work automatically with the tonemapping?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:50 pm 
Administrator

HDR color correction can only be activated if input images have the full exif data.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:43 pm 

When no EXIF exposure data is not available HDR is not available...

(I don't see that anymore on the wiki... )

Last edited by GURL on Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:19 pm 

Thank you much for the clarification, now I understand why HDR is not activated, I looked in the exif data and I have speed but missing the aperture data, I am using the Sunex fisheye which has a focal length and aperture of F/5.6 mm (fixed) in fact all the time that I used Autopano have to input the information of 5.6 mm on focal length and appears also the note to send a mail.

Is there a way to input the exif data and focal length manually in preferences or somewhere to be able to use HDR and also not to have to input the data every time I use Autopano? since is the only lens I have to work with.

Thank You!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:04 pm 

ELIZBA wrote:
Thank you much for the clarification, now I understand why HDR is not activated, I looked in the exif data and I have speed but missing the aperture data, I am using the Sunex fisheye which has a focal length and aperture of F/5.6 mm (fixed) in fact all the time that I used Autopano have to input the information of 5.6 mm on focal length and appears also the note to send a mail.

Is there a way to input the exif data and focal length manually in preferences or somewhere to be able to use HDR and also not to have to input the data every time I use Autopano? since is the only lens I have to work with.

Thank You!!

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am mistaken but if you are outputing per-bracket- panos by stitching bracketed shots for later exposure blending/HDR or blending bracketed exposures before stitching then I think you would not use HDR colour correction when stitching anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:51 pm 

ELIZBA wrote:

Thank You!!

Hi Elizba!

My suggestion always is to process your bracketed shots into hdr FIRST in Photomatix and stitch in APP afterwards. Photomatix doesn´t need EXIFs - you can tell it which spacing you used manually.
Use Photomatix to process your bracketed shots with tonemapping or tonecompressing, save them as TIFF or jpg and stitch them in APP without problems.
Here you can use colorcorrection easily.

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:14 am 

Notes:
- The Sunex fisheye is a 5.6mm 185° circular fisheye for Nikon and Canon DSLR. Fixed focusing (no distance setting.) Fixed F/5.6 aperture (no aperture setting.)
- Several interesting discutions in APP forums are available using Search for "Sunex".
- A rather enthousiastic test by Ken Rockwell: http://www.kenrockwell.com/sunex/super-fisheye.htm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:10 pm 

Thank You All, for the help I am doing some testing with both approaches and with photomatix, would you recommend to better work with RAW or JPEG?

Best Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:57 pm 

Hi Elizba

I'm trying the same as you. Did you make any progress?

Regards

mark