PANO layout Schema to assist Detection?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Logger

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

PANO layout Schema to assist Detection?

by Logger » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:44 am

1st post - I am new to this so Please excuse my ignorance.

With Autopano is it possible to specify the schema or layout in which my DJI drone took the images as a means to assist image detection?

Sometimes my Panos with 34 images with areas of ocean and water dont stitch well, which I can understand. So for example I get this, with undetected images parked centrally and others out of whack.

Snipaste_2018-02-08_18-27-49.jpg

However I know the exact schema in which the drone takes the shots.
2 rows of 9
1 row of 6
1 nadir

Given the the image placement relative to each other is known I was wondering if autopano has a the ability or a plugin that would place the non detected images roughly where they need to go? Even a rough placement would seemingly make the job of placing sparse water images a lot easier?

To date I have used ICE and it does a good job until If also fails to detect water images. It is for this reason I am evaluating Autopano. My hope is to overcome the detection shortcomings with in ICE by using Autopano. But having to manually move the images to place them seems way to tedious, when where they sit relative to each other is already known.

Would appreciate anyones thought and suggestions here.

TIA

signmaster

Liked in: 36 posts
Info

Re: PANO layout Schema to assist Detection?

by signmaster » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:21 am

no avatar
Logger

Topic author
Info

by Logger » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:53 am

Steve
Gee thanks that looks like just the ticket.
Although seemingly I would have to spring for Giga ~AUD$300 and not just Autopano Pro ~AUD$150 to get it to work?? Probably beyond my budget as an infrequent user unfortunately.
None the less it is exactly what I am looking for.
Thanks Logger

no avatar
Logger

Topic author
Info

by Logger » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:31 pm

Actually, I did some reading and found a better way that is already built in to Giga. Run a detection over a pano set that has already been found to stitch well - that was taken in the desired schema. Then save this detection as a template naming it after the capturing scheme used (ie DJIGo4/Hangar/Litchi). Then simply open the template over the subsequent sets that Autopano could not detect all images in. Works a treat. Images end up in the correct spot allowing control points to process.
Snipaste_2018-02-09_08-19-07.jpg

Except this Save as template feature is disabled in AutoPano Pro and it requires Giga to work. Whereas Save as template is available in the base version of PTGUI. Afraid this is going to be a deal breaker fro me Kolor.

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 134 posts
Info

by olivierbo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:41 pm

Hello,

You also have Dronepan app which can help you.
You can try to increase quality of detection, export to papywizard if you always shoot the same way, ...

Best,
Olivier

signmaster likes this post.