Having virtual tours on client's servers (License question)  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
studio360

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Having virtual tours on client's servers (License question)

by studio360 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:00 am

Dear Forum,

I have an Autopano license, and have made commercial virtual tours with it. Now I have had discussions with a client to whom I would make virtual tours, but which would have to be stored in their own servers due to security issues.

Is it ok licensing wise that I make the tours with my Autopano, send them to the company and they store them in their servers behind passwords. They would of course purchase a license of their own, so Kolor would get the money.

BR
Jussi

no avatar
stadh

Liked in: 3 posts
Info

Re: Having virtual tours on client's servers (License questi

by stadh » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:33 am

As far as I know you pay the license for using AutoPano / PanoTour (krpano) to create the tour.
The tour, once it is created, has an embedded krpano viewer, but its license should allow usage of the viewer anywhere, not just on your own server.
So as long as you don't give AutoPano or PanoTour away, but only the finished tour, it should be okay.
Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

I'm referring to the krpano license terms:
https://www.krpano.com/buy/license/

5. Your krpano license grants you the right to sell and distribute projects containing your licensed version of krpano.
6. Third parties may not use your licensed version of krpano to create new projects, including modified versions of your projects.

no avatar
ERR

Liked in: 23 posts
Info

Re: Having virtual tours on client's servers (License questi

by ERR » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:40 pm

You have the right to embed tours you created on clients servers. It's the only (logical) and convenient way for it to be done ulness you want to charge a monthly fee for hosting the tour on your server. Your client does not have to purchase anything above and beyond your services and final tour. When you purchased the software you purchased the "rights" to create and sell your work. As mentioned, you can't give copies of Kolors software away (which is common sense anyway).
The sun will come out, tomorrow... Well if not tomorrow then at least in 4 years and if not 4 years then most definitely 8 years max. But hopefully in 1 year or less.