Sky not being grouped into panorama  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Aleck Durlacher

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Sky not being grouped into panorama

by Aleck Durlacher » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:19 am

Hi Everyone,

Very new to Autopano Giga and may have jumped in a little over my head. I took a sequence of 360 shots (20 accross / 18 rows) using a Nodal Ninja Ultimate M2 Giga manual head. All looks great except when I import the files into Autopano Giga its producing 3 panorama's instead of 1!

The foreground and buildings are aligning beautifully, however the sky is being interpreted as two separate panoramas. With a relatively blue sky I understand there is a lack of control points but I was hoping the files would be included based on sequence of metadata.

As it's not a motorised head I don't have any information to import to the software.

Is there someway I can tell Autopano how many shots need to be included in the output and the sequence of those shots.

Very appreciative of any guidance that can be provided.

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 132 posts
Info

Re: Sky not being grouped into panorama

by olivierbo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:32 pm

Hello and welcome,

What don't you use our Gigapan import module instead? http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... _-_Gigapan
That kind of error is due to homogenic surfaces like the sky where Autopano cannot find any control points. So, in that case, our iport modules can save your life! ;)

Let me know if it solves your problem.

Best,
Olivier

no avatar
jimbee

Liked in: 13 posts
Info

Re: Sky not being grouped into panorama

by jimbee » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:03 pm

>>What don't you use our Gigapan import module instead?

That looks like it could be very useful. Will definitely have to try it out. Thanks for the info!