Any way to straighten these images?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
jimbee

Topic author
Liked in: 13 posts
Info

Any way to straighten these images?

by jimbee » Sat May 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Working with images that were taken in the interior of a home. With a 15mm lens 5 images were taken in each of the 20 positions with exposure compensation applied in order to put together a final HDR image-- 100 images in total.

However during setup somehow the rig got tilted a bit and all of the images need to be rotated a few degrees to be level. Trying to figure out the best way to accomplish this-- rotate all of the images before doing the HDR on each set of 5, or go ahead and merge to HDR then rotate each of the final 20 images?

Or perhaps with either method other problems would result?

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 132 posts
Info

Re: Any way to straighten these images?

by olivierbo » Mon May 22, 2017 11:06 am

Hello,

Have you tried to add your pictures to APG and launch the detection? Did you get something usable?
I think you can merge your pictures, then rotate the single pictures if needed.

Let me know.

Best,
OLivier

no avatar
jimbee

Topic author
Liked in: 13 posts
Info

Re: Any way to straighten these images?

by jimbee » Sun May 28, 2017 5:35 am

olivierbo wrote:Hello,

Have you tried to add your pictures to APG and launch the detection? Did you get something usable?
I think you can merge your pictures, then rotate the single pictures if needed.

Let me know.

Best,
OLivier

Hi Olivier,

It turned out not to be much of an issue. One thing we did was to rotate and straighten one of the images in Lightroom them sync that setting to the other images. When run through AutoPano it worked well and the final output was fine.

Also fed the original un-straightened images and that also worked well. I was concerned that by starting with images that were captured when the camera wasn't perfectly level that the output would look weird but given the offset wasn't extreme it didn't seem to be noticeable-- perhaps partly due to the fact that this particular interior didn't have a lot of the kinds of features that might make any skewing more obvious.