APG and JPEG2000 - supported file formats?`  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
ArcticLight2

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

APG and JPEG2000 - supported file formats?`

by ArcticLight2 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:55 am

Hi,

I am trying to find the best possible file format for stitching and adjujsting colors in post, for a LARGE panorama.
8bit JPEG is limited, and TIFF files are unnecessary large, and same with RAW files. And I would like to do RAW conversion and vignetting correcting myself in RAW converter.

I am used to using JPEG2000 files from fnord, quality and features are amazing.
I can get 16bit files in any size I want, eg. "only" twice the size of a 8bit JPEG, and 1/6th the size of a TIFF or RAW.
http://www.fnordware.com/j2k/

In this wiki it says APG should support almost any file format, including JPEG2000 (jp2,j2k,jpx).
(under Complete list of supported file formats) But APG failes to recognize and import my JPEG2000 files.

http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... t_in_input

What am I missing here? Seriously 8bit JPG cannot be the only option besides TIFF and RAW?

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 134 posts
Info

Re: APG and JPEG2000 - supported file formats?`

by olivierbo » Tue May 02, 2017 1:43 pm

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this. Do you have some jp2 pictures you can send/share? We will make some tests and try to debug the issue.
Thanks in advance.

Best,
Olivier

no avatar
JX

Liked in: 1 post
Info

Re: APG and JPEG2000 - supported file formats?`

by JX » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:57 pm

Hello

I also tried (and failed) to stitch, with APG 4.4.1,16 bit .jp2 files created with ACDSee from Canon .CR2 raw files.
But I think I found an alternative using 16 bit PNG files, which have roughly the same size as .CR2.

.JP2 would be a nice alternative though.