360 stitch with different lenses and custom crop  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
ArcticLight2

Topic author
Liked in: 2 posts
Info

360 stitch with different lenses and custom crop

by ArcticLight2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi,

I am working on a 360 video project, but few editing options in AutoVideoPano, so trying to find a solution in AutoPanoGiga using stills from the video to make a template for stitching in AVP.

I have 5 Fullframe cameras using a 14mm rectilinear ultra wide angle lens, and also using a focal lenght reducer adapter (0.71) between the lens and the camera. This makes the lens even wider than it is. 4 cameras tilted slightly up will cover the horizon 360 degrees, and one camera up to cover the sky. And a 6th camera for doing the nadir, this would have to be a 8mm circular fisheye, or maybe a fullframe fisheye (12mm samyang/15mm canon)

Since I am looking to stitch video, I am also constrained by the 16:9 video format output from the camera, or 1.78 aspect crop, where the areas outside the video crop are black. The focal length reducer makes part of the horizontal FOV black and unusable, so I have to crop within the 4K UHD 16:9 video output. Rather than getting a perfect 3840x2160 from the video, the resolution I get out to work with after cropping away the black areas is 3000x2160 (aspect 1.38) pixels from each camera.

If I use AVP to stitch the upper hemisphere only using the 5 cameras with 14mm, I get a perfect stitch easily. Except the nadir fisheye shot is not detected, or able to be stitched with the other angles.

The video works fine here (5 camera 14mm (3000x2160) stitch): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF8-tm4Vbck
(except the bottom/nadir is missing since I am unable to stitch the fisheye shot in the pano)

If I bring in the file from AVP to APG I can edit it, but no control points are detected. So I have to start adding control points.

Trying to do the detection process from scratch in APG is not easy either. The detection is missing always every time.
And certainly not easy to mix my custom cropped shots with the fisheye nadir shot.

Can APG combine 14mm wide angle shots with a 8mm fisheye shot in the bottom (nadir?) ?
I can define where the circle of the circular fisheye shot, but it does not help.
Since my setup is custom/special, I cannot exactly define the FOV/lens I am using.
And I cannot define the exact proportions of the underlaying stills (3000x2160) in APG, should I have to?

Any suggestion where to start to achieve my goal?

no avatar
tasheal

Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: 360 stitch with different lenses and custom crop

by tasheal » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:05 pm

no avatar
ArcticLight2

Topic author
Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by ArcticLight2 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Huh? You posted a link to this post? I have searched other posts, but noen that could help me out.
If there is a solution/guide to my questions, please post the correct link.

Thank you

no avatar
tasheal

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by tasheal » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:19 pm