Editing stacks with different exposures  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
LBernos

Topic author
Liked in: 7 posts
Info

Editing stacks with different exposures

by LBernos » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:22 am

Hello!

Its my first time to shoot and stitch a 3 exposure panorama.. and as your tips and tutorials say I have stacked them on APG and already created a panorama out of it.

But I have questions regarding the editing of the stacked panos:

1. How do I blend together and play with the 3 exposures? The generated panorama was okay, but how can I darken a certain spot, lighten an small area, etc?

2. When I am editing a single exp pano, I usually use mask edition to hide uneven lines or some moving objects. When I am editing now with the 3 exp pano, seems like its not working? (I used the markers for all stacks but something is off....)

Thanks as always! :)

LINO

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Re: Editing stacks with different exposures

by Destiny » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:43 am

Hi... Right mouse on the image window, .. stack 3 and try 2 with the target images... After detection go to edit... You will find hdr, tick it... Then edit to your liking...

Destiny..

LBernos likes this post.

no avatar
LBernos

Topic author
Info

by LBernos » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:49 am

Destiny wrote:Hi... Right mouse on the image window, .. stack 3 and try 2 with the target images... After detection go to edit... You will find hdr, tick it... Then edit to your liking...

Destiny..

Hello,

I dont quite get it :)

What I have is 63 stacked images each with 3 different exposures inside.. then I did detection. It created a panorama which is okay but I want to control the exposures and colors more..

Are you referring to the HDR in the "edit color anchor" menu? If yes, when I click it the exposures/colors change but I cant manually edit them to my liking...

Help?

Lino

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:25 am

No... in Edit, you will see an icon for HDR.. All the setting are avaliable there..

Destiny..

no avatar
LBernos

Topic author
Info

by LBernos » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:30 am

Destiny wrote:No... in Edit, you will see an icon for HDR.. All the setting are avaliable there..

Destiny..

Hi

Sorry if Im a little slow on this... is this the edit you are talking about (on the upper right of the screen)

Thanks

LINO

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 134 posts
Info

by olivierbo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:01 am

Hello,

You can edit your panorama by double-cliking on it or click Edit button as shown on the screenshoot (left upper corner). Once the editor is opened, you have a toolbar that contains different tools including color correction tools: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... or#Toolbar

Cheers,
Olivier

no avatar
LBernos

Topic author
Info

by LBernos » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:05 am

olivierbo wrote:Hello,

You can edit your panorama by double-cliking on it or click Edit button as shown on the screenshoot (left upper corner). Once the editor is opened, you have a toolbar that contains different tools including color correction tools: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... or#Toolbar

Cheers,
Olivier

Hi Olivier,

yes I have clicked edit, and chose HDR on the color correction panel.. my question is how can I edit/change exposures on specific areas? (eg upper right of ceiling which is too dark)

no avatar
LBernos

Topic author
Info

by LBernos » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:17 am

Hello Olivier and Destiny..

If you can lead me into a full workflow video tutorial for editing 360 panos with 3 or more exposures.. I would really appreciate it...

Thanks!

LINO

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Info

by olivierbo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Hi Lino,

I do not have such video tutorial but you can refer to the documentation. If you want to make HDR pano you must consider using a dedicated software like Photomatix and use processed images with Autopano or use HDR option if you plan to process the rendered pano afterwards.

Best regards,
Olivier

no avatar
LBernos

Topic author
Info

by LBernos » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:52 pm

olivierbo wrote:Hi Lino,

I do not have such video tutorial but you can refer to the documentation. If you want to make HDR pano you must consider using a dedicated software like Photomatix and use processed images with Autopano or use HDR option if you plan to process the rendered pano afterwards.

Best regards,
Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Can you link me to the documentation? Cause I was reading something about it earlier and I think Im reading the wrong HDR page...

Thanks

Lino

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Info

by olivierbo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:12 pm

Hi Lino,

Here it is: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... Correction
You can reach the documentation via the Help menu as well, and my signature. :)

Best regards,
Olivier

LBernos likes this post.