2 panoramas with different exposure levels   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
LBernos

Topic author
Liked in: 7 posts
Info

2 panoramas with different exposure levels

by LBernos » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:44 am

Hi!

I shot 2 the panoramas, both are the same except for their exposures (one is low exposure one is neutral)

I successfully stitched them in APG. Now, is there a way where I can blend the two panoramas together to form a well lit photo?

Thanks!

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Re: 2 panoramas with different exposure levels

by Destiny » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:16 pm

Hi.. Well, that;s not really the best way to do it. When you have two difference exposure, the control points will mismatch the two panos.. Therefore you could get some double imaging or blaring..

You can Stack your panos in APG, and then stitch again.. In Edit you can play with the settings for HDR.. Just be aware that what you see might not be what you get in the render... 2 exposures is not going to provide the best results.. What EV of the low exposure pano..???

Best option is to use Photomatix to fuse your images first or even EnFuseGUI which is free and then add your images into APG.. Use the TIF format if possible... But if your images are JPGs, not much point.. if you shot in RAW export as TIFs..

Destiny..

LBernos likes this post.

no avatar
LBernos

Topic author
Info

by LBernos » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:50 pm

Destiny wrote:Hi.. Well, that;s not really the best way to do it. When you have two difference exposure, the control points will mismatch the two panos.. Therefore you could get some double imaging or blaring..

You can Stack your panos in APG, and then stitch again.. In Edit you can play with the settings for HDR.. Just be aware that what you see might not be what you get in the render... 2 exposures is not going to provide the best results.. What EV of the low exposure pano..???

Best option is to use Photomatix to fuse your images first or even EnFuseGUI which is free and then add your images into APG.. Use the TIF format if possible... But if your images are JPGs, not much point.. if you shot in RAW export as TIFs..

Destiny..

Hi Destiny!

What do you mean by "You can Stack your panos in APG"

Thanks!

Lino :cool:

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Re: 2 panoramas with different exposure levels  [SOLVED]

by Destiny » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:54 pm

Add all your images into APG, both panos, then Right Mouse and select Stacks.. In your case 2 images in the settings and also set the next setting to 2... 2 Exposures is really not enough.. You should be working with a minimum of 3, in my view... I use 5 with +/- 2 EV's

Destiny..
Attachments
Stacks-1.jpg

LBernos likes this post.

no avatar
LBernos

Topic author
Info

by LBernos » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:19 am

Destiny wrote:Add all your images into APG, both panos, then Right Mouse and select Stacks.. In your case 2 images in the settings and also set the next setting to 2... 2 Exposures is really not enough.. You should be working with a minimum of 3, in my view... I use 5 with +/- 2 EV's

Destiny..

Thank you Destiny! :)