Can a Kolor employee please explain how to use APG templates  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Awden

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Can a Kolor employee please explain how to use APG templates

by Awden » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:07 pm

I cannot get templates working as I would expect them to work and the manual is horribly lacking with regards describing how to use them.

I have APG4.2 on a Mac

I purchased this tool because of what little I read about templates. Right now as far as I can tell templates do not work for a 360 pano with 4 bracketed photos (12 shots in all).

Please explain the use of templates. I am clearly too stupid to figure it out.

Thanks, Dennis

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

Re: Can a Kolor employee please explain how to use APG templ

by gkaefer » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:45 am

in your thread where Klaus Esser did reply to you (http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33819&hilit=AWDEN) you attached an image/error message. As klaus did already mention: this error message says you that the number of images you provided is not equal to the number of images saved in the template. thats primarily the reason why your template failed in that case.

using templates makes only sense if you apply them to very similar panos, because all CP's from original pano are saved in the template and the same CP's are than applied to the new pano. this can work perfectly but also can massivly fail (e.g. original template was created using a mountain cenery and you wanna apply the template to a beach/seaside pano...)

PS: also this thread: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33310

Georg

no avatar
Awden

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Can a Kolor employee please explain how to use APG templ

by Awden » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:32 am

Hi Georg, thanks for looking at this. I will post a reply to you in my original post that you quoted above so as to not create too much confusion.

I would still like to get a good explanation of precisely how to use templates.