Stitching Fisheye Images made with nodalpoint adapter   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
panoramer

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Stitching Fisheye Images made with nodalpoint adapter

by panoramer » Fri May 20, 2016 5:06 pm

Hey guys,

I'm using a Canon Fisheye 8-15mm USM/L Objective on my EOS 5D Mark III and a nodal-point-adapter.
The problem ist, that since I've changed from the 700D to 5D-Mark III, the np-adater is visible on my images.
As you can see in the test-images, I've got the problem not only in the image but also later while stitching in APG.

I hope you can get my point and help me out with some useful tips. I already tried APG's Option to cut the Imagegroup (so its images) in circle. Thats kind of a solution but costs me big parts of the images I need for stitching/overlapping.

If you are asking why this is a problem for me at all: When I render the stitched images I get in 9 of 10 cases parts of the np-adapter in the final image..

Thank you very much!

Kind regards
Attachments
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg

no avatar
Panoram1x

Liked in: 40 posts
Info

Re: Stitching Fisheye Images made with nodalpoint adapter

by Panoram1x » Fri May 20, 2016 8:52 pm

Have you tried to block those np-adater parts with the mask tool?

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri May 20, 2016 10:12 pm

panoramer wrote:Hey guys,

I'm using a Canon Fisheye 8-15mm USM/L Objective on my EOS 5D Mark III and a nodal-point-adapter.
The problem ist, that since I've changed from the 700D to 5D-Mark III, the np-adater is visible on my images.
As you can see in the test-images, I've got the problem not only in the image but also later while stitching in APG.

I hope you can get my point and help me out with some useful tips. I already tried APG's Option to cut the Imagegroup (so its images) in circle. Thats kind of a solution but costs me big parts of the images I need for stitching/overlapping.

If you are asking why this is a problem for me at all: When I render the stitched images I get in 9 of 10 cases parts of the np-adapter in the final image..

What happens if you shoot at a longer focal length than 8mm?

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Sat May 21, 2016 9:48 pm

700D = 1.6 crop
5D3 = 1.0 crop

so using a lens @8mm... the 700D is using 13-24mm
on your 5D3 its 8-15mm

you can mask the rail if using 8mm (or using photoshop & co to erase the rail ).... but you're loosing resolution and its time consuming.
set the lens to 13mm (or more easier 15mm) and you will save time, get more resolution...

no avatar
panoramer

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Stitching Fisheye Images made with nodalpoint adapter  [SOLVED]

by panoramer » Mon May 30, 2016 6:43 pm

Thank you guys!
I've solved the problem or idk, APP solved it by itself.

I tried several internal options in the program and don't ask me how - now everything is working fine!

Kind regards :-)