Color correct individual images  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
tjingrassia

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Color correct individual images

by tjingrassia » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:24 pm

When attempting to edit color anchors, I am unable to add anchors or edit them individually. Any corrections made are applied to the entire pano, not just an individual image.

My understanding is that by right-clicking on the image number, I should receive a menu that looks like this...

menu-anchor-number.jpg
menu-anchor-number.jpg (41.89 KiB) Viewed 2221 times

But the only menu I can get to appear is this...

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 1.19.45 PM.png

What am I doing wrong?

Godardth likes this post.

Godardth

Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Color correct individual images

by Godardth » Mon May 16, 2016 5:43 pm

I am having the same problem. I am new to the software and really need to correct a group of images by lowering exposure. The tutorials I find are not specific. Tried instructions from videos and no luck. Really frustrating.

no avatar
marzipano

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

by marzipano » Tue May 17, 2016 9:23 am

I have not found any problems with using these colour correction methods

I use APG 4.2.3 under Windows 7

The way I use it is to bring up the preview window for edit and select the colour correction icon
Then I select the image to correct or use as an anchor or by dragging the cursor across adjacent images, select a range of images (or all of them) - this is the so-called "elastic band"
By holding doen the CTRL key whilst using the cursor to select ranges, it is possible to pick non-adjacent ranges or single images

I did a screen print to illustrate
Attachments
colcorrect.jpg

Godardth

Info

by Godardth » Wed May 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Thank you marzipano for your answer. However, I am still having the issue.

I use AutoPano 4.2 for Mac.

I am ok with opening the editor, selecting color correction etc. Then I can select a group of images or a single one. The little circle with a number turns red. But at this point, if I go and change the exposure slider, it will apply to all the images. I have tried adding anchors to all the other images, but it still modifies every image.

What exactly do you do after you select the image (or images)? In other words, what do you click right after you select images like you are showing in your screenshot? And what I understand is that you will be modifying image three only, correct?

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 3.06.20 PM.png

This is a screenshot of my screen. What next?? Exposure sliders change the whole image. Right click only shows the same options as the left list.

I think there is a problem with my version and I wish I could reach support.

no avatar
marzipano

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

by marzipano » Thu May 19, 2016 3:14 pm

The images are selected either singly or in one or more adjacent groups as I described. In my example above I selected images 1 and 2 in a group and images 4 and 5 in another group using ctrl + "elastic band" and so leaving image 3 unselected

Right clicking any of the 4 "red" images brings up the contextual menu and any change made on here (e.g add vignetting) will affect all 4 red items identically when "apply" is selected

As far as I am aware, the exposure slider always acts on the whole panorama and not individual images.

best
Martin

no avatar
Refaeliadria

Info

by Refaeliadria » Fri May 20, 2016 9:38 am

Thanks For the Compliments

no avatar
jboss

Info

by jboss » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:55 am

marzipano wrote:As far as I am aware, the exposure slider always acts on the whole panorama and not individual images.

That is quite unfortunate. This is exactly the corrrection you will want to do most, correct the exposure of the camera that was facing the sun. I tried playing around with anchoring certain images or not and also tried moving the images that have sky in it to a separate layer, but the results were not great.

As a developer, I want maximal control over the changes I make, not only for exposure, but also for example for color correction. Now I can only indicate if color correction should be applied to a camera or not. I can not make individual color corrections to a camera.

I'll put in a feature request for this, hopefully it will be included in a next version (should be no problem, now that it is part of GoPro there should be loads of developers available to make improvements, right??? :rolleyes: )