Problems with stitching my project HELP!  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
darinlacrone

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Problems with stitching my project HELP!

by darinlacrone » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:52 am

I've created tours of inside of planes for quite awhile using a Nodal Ninja and a Nikon D810 and a Nikon 16mm Fisheye lens. For some reason this time it's fighting me and not able to get a good stitch.

My last tour is posted here .. http://dlphoto.ipage.com/Galleries/images/0Commercial/Cessna/Latitude360Tour/build/LatitudeVirtualTour01.html

I cant figure out if I did something wrong when shooting the new one or if I've got something messed up in my AutoPano settings.

Anyone up for the challenge of looking at the 8 files and seeing if they stitch in your world? I need to finish these this week and get it delivered. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, reading through the forum, I'd like to learn more about setting the NPP. I've always used the stand against a straight object and moved the lens to each extreme until I see the same. Looks like I could be measuring stuff and maybe be more accurate??

Thanks, Darin

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Problems with stitching my project HELP!

by mediavets » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:02 pm

I'd be happy to look at your images.

no avatar
darinlacrone

Topic author
Info

by darinlacrone » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:11 pm

Great! Thanks. Am out shooting today and stuck on the road until tomorrow night but will send some files when I return to the office. How's best to get them to you? I use Dropbox and Box.com but can do whatever is easiest for you. LMK.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:54 pm

darinlacrone wrote:Great! Thanks. Am out shooting today and stuck on the road until tomorrow night but will send some files when I return to the office. How's best to get them to you? I use Dropbox and Box.com but can do whatever is easiest for you. LMK.

Dropbox is fine.

no avatar
darinlacrone

Topic author
Info

by darinlacrone » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:31 am

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/65kagp90bvg2 ... LeRaa?dl=0

Here is a link to a folder of the images I've been trying to stitch. Thanks in advance for taking a look.

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 132 posts
Info

by olivierbo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:14 pm

Hello,

You have small parallax issue here, so I just removed the picture D81_1537, changed the focal lenght to 15mm and launch the detection. Edit the panorama, open the CP tool, in the Scope tabs correct the Distortion (Optimize 1st order), then make a Quick optimization.
Just a small stitching issue over the left seat when you look to the cockpit, you can correct by adding CP.

Let me know.
Cheers,
Olivier

no avatar
darinlacrone

Topic author
Info

by darinlacrone » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:46 am

Cool. I've never even been to the "Scope" tab. The image came in much better just by changing the lens to 15mm, however when I went to the Scope tab and selected Optimize 1st order it went wacky and gave me a bunch of circles. ?? Went all the way back out and am starting again to see if i did something wrong. or maybe I have something somewhere in my app set wrong now as I messed with many things trying to battle what I was getting. Maybe I should rest the app to default and start again.

no avatar
darinlacrone

Topic author
Info

by darinlacrone » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:11 am

Oliver, I think i just further hosed myself up. The stitch was pretty close but still had lots of issues and kept going whacky when I did the Scope 1st order thing. I went back to basics and reset all my settings to default and now am just getting nothing to stitch right at all. Just a jumbled mess. Not sure what I had turned on or off before to get my stuff so close. Now nothing works. Argh! Is there a way to see the settings I should have for each panel under settings?? Maybe screen captures of what should be set how for this type of stitch.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 227 posts
Info

by Destiny » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi.. To be really honest with you.. I would not be using that shooting pattern.. Have you tried others.. The shooting pattern is everything.. It can mean the difference between a great stitch or it can turn out to be yuck.. It can also give false parallax issues.. I am not saying your NPP is correct, I am just suggesting you should think about trying a new shooting pattern...

Destiny...

no avatar
darinlacrone

Topic author
Info

by darinlacrone » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:49 pm

Destiny,
Thanks for the input! I've always shot this way, 6 around, one up one down. How might I be doing these? Anything to help me get more predictable results would definitely help! These are a battle sometimes to stitch and I obviously got my head out of adjustment this time as it worked great a month ago before I had to change configuration of the head to do a gigapan stitch and didn't get it all back where it was apparently before this shoot.

Let me know your thoughts. I look forward to playing with new technique!

Thanks again, Darin

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:14 pm

Hi.. Well, I would try 6 x +60 degrees, and 6 x -30 degrees... But you can experiment with that.. You are using a 16mm fisheye so you might get away with 5 images +/- You do not need to shoot the nadir or zenith this way.. You can soon tell if your NPP is out just by using your mouse wheel flicking between the slices in Edit using APG..

Destiny..

no avatar
darinlacrone

Topic author
Info

by darinlacrone » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:15 am

I'll give it a try. So do you end up with 6 images down that all have a portion of the tripod? How do you eliminate that? I always shoot the down image, then move and shoot the area there and fix it in Photoshop like in the files I uploaded.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:51 am

Yes.. You will find you can fix the nadir footprint a lot easier since its very neat and small.. When you put the pano into PTP, export the cube faces. Or you can use the krpano droplet too, which can be better.. Be very careful with Colour Space with your pano. Exporting cube faces and then adding them back into PTP can change the colour space if you do not work in the correct way.. Thats a very big post I created.. It can lead to huge confusion..

You can fix up your nadir footprint using Photoshop.. This is the way I do it. Its a bit rushed to keep the file size down.. One you understand the process you can refine it.. http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/Fixi ... print.html

The other option is to use the Nadir Logo in PTP.. Its the best way to use a Logo rather than to try to add a Nadir Patch image in APG.. If you use the NN Nadir Adaptor, you can capture an image of the nadir and then try to stitch it into the pano.. When you add your images into APG to stitch, you must set it to Maximum Projection, which will give you a 2:1 ratio pano..

Destiny..

no avatar
darinlacrone

Topic author
Info

by darinlacrone » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:21 pm

Thanks again for the help! Plan on doing more of these in the future so getting consistent results in less time will be very helpful!

Darin

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 132 posts
Info

by olivierbo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:57 pm

darinlacrone wrote:Oliver, I think i just further hosed myself up. The stitch was pretty close but still had lots of issues and kept going whacky when I did the Scope 1st order thing. I went back to basics and reset all my settings to default and now am just getting nothing to stitch right at all. Just a jumbled mess. Not sure what I had turned on or off before to get my stuff so close. Now nothing works. Argh! Is there a way to see the settings I should have for each panel under settings?? Maybe screen captures of what should be set how for this type of stitch.

So, If you just change the focal lenght to 15mm and add control points where needed, would be this acceptable to you?

Cheers,
Olivier