autopano Pro makes 3 panos instead of just 1?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
paul_leigh

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

autopano Pro makes 3 panos instead of just 1?

by paul_leigh » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:50 am

I'm new.
I've made a few panos with autopano Pro and watched some tuts.
I've run into a glitch/issue...
I loaded 65 images into APP and the program decided to split them into 3 separate (very nicely laid out) panos.
basically the top left and right corners are cut off the main image and are of their own image.
I tried "Force every image to be in one panorama" but that turned into a mess fast.
what else to try aside from merging them all after the fact in PS?
Thanks,
Paul

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Re: autopano Pro makes 3 panos instead of just 1?

by Destiny » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:24 am

Hi.. Try using less images... Perhaps there are too many..

Destiny..

no avatar
paul_leigh

Topic author
Info

by paul_leigh » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:12 pm

I will take your word for it as i'm quite new to APP, I just wished I could wrap my head around the solution.
with my example if you roughly divided the image into a tic-tac-toe (3rowsX3columns) pattern...what is happening is the upper most far left and upper most far right corners (roughly) have been relegated to be on their own in separate groups of 3 to 6 pics.
I could understand if there were images sprinkled about that were overlapping too much and were simply 'dismissed'.
I do not have a proper NPP pano head yet so I thought the issue might be related to a foreground/background misalignment but that would just show up as larger stitching errors, no?
the other thing is I've shot the same scene/set up a quite few times before without issue (with parallax errors yes but not having the entire grouping split into more than one group).

no avatar
marzipano

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

by marzipano » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:09 pm

hello Paul,

Given the situation you describe I would re-check the "Force All Images into 1 panorama" and regenerate. Even if the resulting preview is a mess to start with, you can still go into edit mode to look at the control points between individual pairs of images and add in any missing ones so all pairs are connected

From the images that constituted the 3 panos you should already be able to have a pretty good idea which pairs of images are likely to be disconnected without any CP's

When these are put back in you should then get a reasonable preview instead of a mess

best
Martin

no avatar
paul_leigh

Topic author
Info

by paul_leigh » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:32 pm

Thanks for your time Martin,
Sounds like great advice. Obviously I am not at a decent user level (intuitively and familiar) with the software just yet.
I have more tutorials to watch and more playing to do and I'll go through this too.
Paul