HDR not alingned  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
rruiz

Topic author
Liked in: 5 posts
Info

HDR not alingned

by rruiz » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:38 am

What I am doing wrong? the 0EV layer is aligned by itselft but in some pano sections, not the other +-2EV layers with the 0EV.
What I am doing wrong?

I have been playing with LINKS but to be honest (and maybe due to my english), I don´t understand what exactly do each option (besides I have read the "documentation")

PLease help me

Roberto

NOTE: I am using a Sony a7rII with a Sigma 8mm (and Metabones adapter)
Ultimate R20 Static 2.5 /7.5 degrees Tilt Head with Rotator Mini RM6 V2
4 stacks of 3

no avatar
marzipano

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

Re: HDR not alingned

by marzipano » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:38 am

If the images should align exactly (by using a tripod and not hand held) then try using the "use hard links" option in the detection tab of settings

If you put your 12 images a sharing platform such as Dropbox and provide the url then other people on here will probably test for you and see what the problem is

no avatar
rruiz

Topic author
Info

by rruiz » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:13 pm

Here are my images:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

During the day will do the following:
+ use hard links
+ to review parallax
+ I also read:
Steps tab
3) First lens distortion: Corrects lens distortion (very useful for short and medium focal lengths).
5) Final Lens distortion: Corrects lens distortions again if Step 4 was performed (cleaning links/control points).

Points tab : Filtering model
Similariy: (fast approximation) to use with linear images shot at long focal (between 24mm to the infinite).
Homography: (complete model in image plane) to use with linear images shot with short focal lengths or in case of aerial shots.

Tell me if I am wrong !!

no avatar
marzipano

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

by marzipano » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:34 am

I downloaded your sample images and used APG HDR to create a fused image
I used the following settings:

Detect by bracket in settings (images tab)
Execute EF
Tick HDR Ghosts in edit stage
Select Regroup by bracket in settings (panorama tab)
Select spherical orientation in edit stage
Render with AntiGhost, Fusion and HDR in settings (render tab)

For 1 test I set detection as Control Points + Reference Level only in settings (detection tab)
For 1 test I set detection as Hard Links + Reference level only in settings

In all cases I got no alignment errors (see samples) so it would be useful to know if this is the same settings you used and your output of the same section of the spherical version of the render

I normally use a standard lens for my panos and often produce the images handheld so I may not be the best person to comment !

Also I don't user APG HDR processing any more as I found Photomatix much better and then use APG to stitch the Photomatix output

For your images (as you used a tripod) your APG and Photomatix results were very similar except that the TV picture (which changed during your bracketing) was only handled using Photomatix at 100% ghost removal. APG failed to deghost the TV images in both cases

Of the 2 APG tests the hard links version produced no stitching errors whereas the CP test had stitching errors in the ceiling at the back left (not shown in my samples)

Martin

sample.jpg

no avatar
rruiz

Topic author
Info

by rruiz » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:07 am

Martin thanks for your help and time taken.

I found as you said that using hard links was the best option. Initially, I was trying to correct using control points... helped but not in all the cases.
After hard links, control points finished with the minor details.

Thanks again

Roberto