AutoPano Pro Trail (not living up to my expectations?)  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
bill28540

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

AutoPano Pro Trail (not living up to my expectations?)

by bill28540 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:48 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying out the APP software, and I'm not getting good results... At this time Lightroom is doing a better job. I'm looking for something that's faster and not take up so many resources. When I go to the edit screen everything looks good, but when I go to blend or Render the images are misaligned? If it would blend or render the way it looks in the edit screen everything would be great! Is there something missing in the Trail Version? or something I'm doing wrong? If not I will stay with lightroom, or something else. These are not complicated panos, single rows, 3, 5, and some 10 frame images using a nodal slide, and parallax corrected. The last one I rendered was a 3 image. In the edit window it said Global RMS was "Excellent" and 54.4% overlap?

Hopefully it's just the trail version, or something I'm doing, but I need to find out before I purchase!

Thanks for your help,

APP Newbee

no avatar
klausesser2

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

Re: AutoPano Pro Trail (not living up to my expectations?)

by klausesser2 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:40 am

bill28540 wrote:Hi all,
I'm trying out the APP software, and I'm not getting good results... At this time Lightroom is doing a better job.

Starting to use a stich-aplication means a steep learning-curve . .

I domn´t know whether you mean AutoPanoPro (APP) or AutoPanoGiga (APG). Giga is the more advanced version and definitely preferable.

Worlds ahead of Lightroom. Honestly.

bill28540 wrote:I'm looking for something that's faster and not take up so many resources.

Depends mainly on the hardware. All stitchers need many ressources - that´s a very complex business . .

If you come clear using Lightroom for single rows - use it.

Wold you tell a bit about your hardware - camera/lens/head/computer and the way you shoot?

54,4% overlap is dramatically too much! Usually we use 25 - 30% for getting almost perfect results.
So i guess we need to talk . . . ;)

best, Klaus

no avatar
bill28540

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: AutoPano Pro Trail (not living up to my expectations?)

by bill28540 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:57 am

"I domn´t know whether you mean AutoPanoPro (APP) or AutoPanoGiga (APG). Giga is the more advanced version and definitely preferable."

Yes, I'm talking about (APP) AutoPanoPro. I didn't think I needed APG if I'm just doing single row panos?

"Wold you tell a bit about your hardware - camera/lens/head/computer and the way you shoot?"

D610, 50mm 1.8, sometimes 24mm 2.8, SUNWAYPHOTO Rotator Head, 140mm Nodal Slide, L-Bracket on camera. Windows 8.1, 64 bit, i5 2.1 GH, 8 mb ram 24" monitor. I level my rotator, use the virtual horizon in camera, line up my predetermined marks on the nodal slide etc: sometimes I will use the click on the rotator if it lines up with the overlap I need. Most of my pano are far away, but the one I'm talking about that was shot at 54% had near and far away objects, 3 frames. In APP the foreground was fine, just the clouds would not line up. In Lightroom I just had one little offset I had to fix.

"54,4% overlap is dramatically too much! Usually we use 25 - 30% for getting almost perfect results.
So i guess we need to talk . . . ;) "

This was an exception, I usually shoot between 20 - 35%. I shoot a lot of exposures between 20 - 30 seconds, clouds moving, water etc: sometimes. I usually have to do some work in photoshop afterwards. I guess I was just kinda disappointed when the several panos I tried turned out worse then Lightroom. So what your saying is APP will run circles around Lightroom? I just need to learn how to use it.

Thanks for your quick response,

Bill