Patching the Nadir  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
dang-eid

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Patching the Nadir

by dang-eid » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:13 pm

I keep getting almost there but not quite a clean patch so welcome any tips on what to try next.
fisheye lens (8mm on crop sensor), 4 around and 1 down for nadir. followed method 1 then try to mask away parts of patch but they fight back to be in and final render shifts the alignment making it ####. I prefer using content aware fill for most but sometimes floor has pattern that looks bad. here are sample files https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D86F3FB35714361!125&authkey=!AGmQ9FqXExkoOMc&ithint=folder%2cjpg

no avatar
Panoram1x

Liked in: 41 posts
Info

Re: Patching the Nadir

by Panoram1x » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:06 am

Hi
I can see that you have a big problem of parallax. The nadir photo is taken far away from the others (about 30 to 50 centimeters or possibly more).

If you compare the images # 1 and # 5, the relative height between the counter, the sign "FARMERS" and "racing driver" varies a lot. And there are other points where the height variation in the position of the camera becomes evident: The different relative position between the counter and the desk that we can see through the door, or looking at the nadir image at its upper limit we can see the word "insurance" that is very close to the counter and in the first image where you can see it relative position is very different.

You should improve the shot for the nadir image so that the camera maintains the same level as in other photos and this way improve your nadir patch, in fact the ideal way would be to keep the camera in exactly the same position as the rest of the photos are taken.

no avatar
dang-eid

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Re: Patching the Nadir

by dang-eid » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:42 pm

I am using the NN R10 - but am not getting very close with my nadir shot, but the samples and directions seem to show it working using this method. I will order an Ultimate R1/R10 Zenith / Nadir Adapter (F6112) and report back.