IMPOSSIBLE TO DOWNLOAD UPDATES   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
richardhc

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

IMPOSSIBLE TO DOWNLOAD UPDATES

by richardhc » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:40 am

The Kolar update server consistently - like EVERY TIME - drops the download process and then will not "resume"
This is the ONLY software site I know that does not allow downloads to resume if, for any reason, the download is interrupted. I have been trying for over a year - over a YEAR - to get you guys to either allow resuming downloads or have another server that will allow resumes. I suggested you put the installation files on the Amazon server but you never did. I have been unable to download updates using any browser or download manager for over 6 months. I want to upgrade to 4 but hey, why should I pay for an upgrade when I can't download it?
I've been an Autopano user and advocate since your very first version. Come ON guys. Get with it.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Re: IMPOSSIBLE TO DOWNLOAD UPDATES

by Destiny » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:01 am

Hi.. You can download software that does what you want..

What operating system do you want to download.. I will download it for you my end and provide an link for you, if you want me to.. You will probably not hear from Kolor until Tuesday since Monday in France I think is a holiday..

Destiny..

no avatar
richardhc

Topic author
Info

by richardhc » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:53 am

That's great! Thank you. Can you please provide a link to the latest update to AutopanoGiga_x64_371_2014-12-09.exe
and to 4?

I am using Windows 8. :-)

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:06 am

Try this..
http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/APG6 ... 19.exe.zip

Turn off your screen saver in case it stops the download.. Not sure why you cannot download from the Kolor site.... I did not have any issues..

Destiny..

no avatar
richardhc

Topic author
Info

by richardhc » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:18 am

Thank you Destiny, I don't have problems downloading (or uploading) very large files from most websites but all of them support "resume" in case the download is briefly stalled or interrupted. So it might stall for a second or two then start again. But the Kolor server does not allow Resume. People who live in places like Australia and the US or Europe don't often have these interruptions - but I live in New Caledonia and we constantly have drop-outs, especially when, like myself, we download using 3G.

I was able to download the file from your site in 24 minutes and yes, it did stop (when 99% done) but your site supports resume so it was not a problem to finish the download. Thanks again. =D
Last edited by richardhc on Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:27 am

Yes, I understand that.. Perhaps just keep nagging Kolor with your reasons.

You might want to try Resume software like this.. There are heaps of them.. Never tried since as you said, in Australia I don't often have an issue.. The files size of APG V4 is about 85meg zipped..

https://www.myperfectresume.com/lp/mprr ... -SEM-10429

Destiny..

no avatar
richardhc

Topic author
Info

by richardhc » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:50 am

Resume software does not work if the server will not allow it. I use freedownloadmanager.org and it is excellent at resuming. I also use another downloader on my Mac and that works too - but not with Kolor's servers.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:55 am

Well thats a pain.. Have you added your request to the Feature Request page...?? I think its important that all those that buy the Kolor software needs systems in place to facilitate the download of their software... Not all users live in stable internet zones..

Destiny..

luck72

Info

by luck72 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:08 am

The Kolor server are the chip one.
Even in Italy sometimes is impossible finish a download because it drop down and the server doesn't allow the resume.
I live between Italy and Philippines.
If this issue happen only few times in Italy in the Philippines is almost impossible download something from Kolor server.
The only way for Kolor is change the server to a modern one that allowing resume!!!!

Luca
Nikon D810, Nikkor 16mm fisheye,20mm, 50mm, 85mm, Amarula Bushman Tripod, Gobi panoramic Head, Windows 10/64bit, Adobe Photoshop CC 2018, Lightroom Classic CC 2018, APG 4.4.1, PTP 2.5.11

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:32 pm

In fact, it is the way we propose the download that cannot allow yet resume. We need to improve that.

no avatar
richardhc

Topic author
Info

by richardhc » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:56 pm

Nonsense, Alexandre, all you need to do is set up an account on the Amazon S3 servers, upload the installation files, and change the download links on your website. If you use the free S3 browser it could not be simpler and the cost would be about 2 Eruro a month or less. Here, check it out http://s3browser.com/help.php?v=4-8-7&fam=x64

Amazon has servers in just about every major country in the world and in the cloud. You can use a variety of programs to hide the links if you wish so they can't be posted for anyone to use - but since these are protected trial versions anyway that's probably not necessary.

And I still can't log into my user account on the Kolor website because the old password no longer works and the site is not sending the "forgot password" email even if it says it is. The email does not arrive in my inbox or my spam protection box.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

Re: IMPOSSIBLE TO DOWNLOAD UPDATES  [SOLVED]

by AlexandreJ » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:23 pm

We did made some changes on our download manager to add support for resume on download.
Can you try again, please ?

no avatar
Guilhem

Liked in: 3 posts
Info

by Guilhem » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:47 pm

It seems I'm not the only one with this kind of issue. I will try on latest revision of APT too.

Not everybody has access to high speed and reliable connection... Thx Alexandre for taking care of us

no avatar
richardhc

Topic author
Info

by richardhc » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:07 pm

"Resume" now works just fine on the downloads and I was able to download the latest version with no problem. Thanks Alexandre from all of us AutoPano uses in remote corners of the world.