Fusion  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Fusion

by Destiny » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:52 am

Hey..

What I do not understand, is the fact that I have ticked Fusion in the Render then I stitch.. But the preview stitched pano is NOT Fusion.. I have to go into Edit and Tick Fusion to see the results; Why... This is main reason why I do not use Fusion in APG, since 3.7 was just about unusable, taking for EVER. APG 4 is much better but still I have to go into Edit to activate Fusion to preview it. This should not be. the rendered stitched pano SHOULD preview Fusion since I ticked it in the Render option setup prior to stitching without going into Edit..

Pano 1 is APG 4 Fusion result. Hard to get right since the Preview is different to the final output.. Horrible!

Pano 2 is preprocessed image using Photomatix.. Beautiful, it glows with life and quality..

The question is.. With this result, why bother with APG Fusion.. It simply does not work very well.. It takes far too long and you cannot batch process and you cannot save presets. So each and every pano you have to do manually..

If I capture 20 panos in at the same location using the same camera settings and drop my image into Photomatix, I can walk away and just leave it.. Same with Enfuse, which I like to use better than Photomatix for Fusion..

Destiny..
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

Re: Fusion

by klausesser » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi Destiny!

In Photomatix: did you use "exposure-fusion" or "detail-enhancing" or "tone-compressing"?

I guess you used "detail-enhancing"? Which is what i always use and of which i think is most effective
when "handled with care" :cool:

You handled it very well here!

best, Klaus

DrSlony

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by DrSlony » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:38 pm

You need to activate either one of the two green Preview buttons.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:23 am

Hey.. What "One of the two green preview buttons"?

Destiny..

DrSlony wrote:You need to activate either one of the two green Preview buttons.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:09 am

Yes, I use the Detail-Natural as a base.. Using just one Stack, where I "Load Bracketed Photos", I edit these to my liking, lots of options and then save as my Preset.. I then go to Batch Bracketed Photos, and process the entire pano bracketed sets using my Preset..

Using Photomatix, if I had 20+ more panos captured at the same time, I could quickly process using my Presets guaranteeing that the end results would all be the same.. This is something that APG V# has never been able to do..

I then have my Presets set in APG so all I need to do is load my images and Detect. Very very quick @ 6 mins with RMS of 2.6. I was hoping that APG V4 would be able to stitch my panos using Smart but I still have to use ISO..

But.. Just one BIG SNAG!.. I cannot use Smart since my stitching is not perfect despite the fact I used a VR Drive and my NNP is perfect.. Now it seems I cannot use ISO with V4 since it does strange things.. I have lines and bad shadowing happening.

I then put the same images into PTGui.. Quick to detect is an understatement.. Its Super Quick.. About 5 seconds in fact.. To render take less the 3 minutes. The results are Perfect..

Destiny..

klausesser wrote:Hi Destiny!

In Photomatix: did you use "exposure-fusion" or "detail-enhancing" or "tone-compressing"?

I guess you used "detail-enhancing"? Which is what i always use and of which i think is most effective
when "handled with care" :cool:

You handled it very well here!

best, Klaus
Attachments
Smart.jpg
APG V4 Smart Detect - Stitching not perfect..
ISO.jpg
APG V4 ISO stichting very good but has lines and poor blending..
PTGui1.jpg
PTGui, perfect and very very fast..

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:18 am

This proves that the ISO in V4 is stuffed...

This pano is using V3.7 ISO sitting perfect.. No lines and the blending of shadows on the floor is better..

Destiny..
Attachments
APG3.7-ISO.jpg

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:45 am

The last thing I like to do is edit the Gammer which gives an image a nice warm natural look and sharpen.. APG does a good job of Gammer control but their is no sharpening option so I would use Photoshop for all final editing.. But if you do not have Photoshop then APG is an option..

Destiny..
Attachments
APG3.7-2-gammerOpp.jpg