Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:45 am 

Hi,

I have Autopano Pro and I find that I need to tweak the DETECTION, OPTIMIZATION, and RENDER settings depending upon the photos I am stitching.

It doesn't look like Autopano Pro has anyway to save these settings as "presets" so that I can quickly choose them again in the future. It seems like I need to custom pick them each time I use the software.

My question is if I upgraded to Autopano Giga, does that version of the software have a way to save the DETECTION, OPTIMIZATION, and RENDER settings as a preset?

I don't need any other function of Autopano Giga so I don't want to upgrade unless it absolutely allows saving those settings as presets.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

-Scot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:29 am 

Gr8Scot wrote:
My question is if I upgraded to Autopano Giga, does that version of the software have a way to save the DETECTION, OPTIMIZATION, and RENDER settings as a preset?
-Scot

No, it doesn't.

Which version of APP are you using?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:37 pm 

Gr8Scot wrote:
Hi,

I have Autopano Pro and I find that I need to tweak the DETECTION, OPTIMIZATION, and RENDER settings depending upon the photos I am stitching.

It doesn't look like Autopano Pro has anyway to save these settings as "presets" so that I can quickly choose them again in the future. It seems like I need to custom pick them each time I use the software.

I don't need any other function of Autopano Giga so I don't want to upgrade unless it absolutely allows saving those settings as presets.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

-Scot

Hi Scot!

First: let´s sort some things.

Of course you can have "DETECTION, OPTIMIZATION, and RENDER settings as a preset". That´s means global
settings working for ALL image sets you feed into the app.

Then there are the individual settings for "DETECTION, OPTIMIZATION, and RENDER" regarding ONE panorama
done with a certain configuration of camera/lens/head and the shooting pattern.

IF you ALWAYS use one and the same configuration camera/lens/head and let the camera fixed to the head it´s
possible to save the once found ideal stitching parameters for one pano as a template for other shoots done with the
very same alignment of camera/lens/head.

But that´s not a 100% thing - even the smallest amount of mis-aligning the setup by moving, carrying it or whatever
needs to stitch it again or at least run the optimizer on it again.

To simply answer your question: it depends on what you mean by saying "presets".

best, Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:50 pm 

klausesser wrote:

To simply answer your question: it depends on what you mean by saying "presets".

best, Klaus

I understood that he wanted to be able to save and later recall multiple named 'presets' of settings for detection, optimization and rendering.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:26 pm 

The settings that I find myself changing a lot are things like:
- The auto color correction (sometimes I use it like on JPEG stitching and sometimes I don't like on 32-bit HDR file stitching)
- Auto crop (sometimes yes and sometimes I want to fill in some of the missing pieces with Photoshop clone if the pano wasn't quite shot wide enough)
- Rendering output (sometimes I like a JPEG, or TIFF or .HDR output depending on the input files I use)
- Rendering output layers (sometimes I like to turn on outputting the layers to tweak in Photoshop)

So I guess there probably is like three different combinations of these that I like to use depending on the input files. I was wondering if I could save a combination of these, say call a certain combo of these "HDR stitch and output" and then if I try to stitch some 32-bit HDR images I could just select that preset and tell the software to go ahead and do it.

I think I understand templates and I think that includes saving and using everything all the way down to the links that were calculated from a previous image. If that understanding is correct, then that would have a very limited usage. I am pretty sure I would never want to re-use detected points and links from a previous pano.

Does that better explain my question? By presets I mean that settings that set-up for the detection, not the results of a detection.

Again, a big thanks for any help or insight on this!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:38 pm 

Gr8Scot wrote:
The settings that I find myself changing a lot are things like:
- The auto color correction (sometimes I use it like on JPEG stitching and sometimes I don't like on 32-bit HDR file stitching)
- Auto crop (sometimes yes and sometimes I want to fill in some of the missing pieces with Photoshop clone if the pano wasn't quite shot wide enough)
- Rendering output (sometimes I like a JPEG, or TIFF or .HDR output depending on the input files I use)
- Rendering output layers (sometimes I like to turn on outputting the layers to tweak in Photoshop)

So I guess there probably is like three different combinations of these that I like to use depending on the input files. I was wondering if I could save a combination of these, say call a certain combo of these "HDR stitch and output" and then if I try to stitch some 32-bit HDR images I could just select that preset and tell the software to go ahead and do it.

I thought that perhaps the APG Save and Load Workspace feature would save and then reload global settings but I've just tried and it doesn't seem to.

I think it would be good to have such a feature - perhaps you would like to propose it here:

viewforum.php?f=5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:03 am 

Sounds like a good idea. I posted it there.

-Scot