[SOLVED] Really struggling  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Buzz

[SOLVED] Really struggling

by Buzz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:38 pm

Can anyone offer any help / advice?
Trying to stitch 8 images of a suspension bridge, but there is always an area where the bridge deck or the suspension wires don't align.
I have tried adding manual control points - it seems to fix one area then throws out another each time.
I only know the very basics of Autopano pro, and I'm finding the manual difficult to follow.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

no avatar
klausesser

Re: Really struggling

by klausesser » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Buzz wrote:Can anyone offer any help / advice?
Trying to stitch 8 images of a suspension bridge, but there is always an area where the bridge deck or the suspension wires don't align.
I have tried adding manual control points - it seems to fix one area then throws out another each time.
I only know the very basics of Autopano pro, and I'm finding the manual difficult to follow.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hey Buzz!

Welcome to the forum!

It would be extremely clever ;) :cool: telling us which camera, lens head you use and also the way you do your shooting.
Also some information regarding your alignment would be very helpful.

best, Klaus

no avatar
marzipano

by marzipano » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Two of the main factors affecting stitching problems are

1. How close the object is to the camera (the closer the object the more parallax errors come into play)
2. Whether the images were taken with a tripod or handheld (handheld obviously more error prone)

Errors in thin parallel lines like wires, tiles, paving etc are always more noticeable as even the slightest error shows up clearly

How were your 8 images taken and what distance away is the wire in the suspension bridge ?

In my experience if it is parallax error related then you will not achieve a perfect stitch however you juggle the control points and the best you can do is to finish off by cropping down a bit and/or finishing off in Photoshop

Martin

a a gruntpuddock

by a a gruntpuddock » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:16 pm

Best to stick the pics on Photobucket (or similar website) then post the links here so that others can see them.

no avatar
Buzz

by Buzz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:56 pm

Thanks for the quick replies.
I had used a tripod, from a distance of 70m - 400m
In the end, I reduced the number of images from 8 to 3 and it worked straight away!
Lesson learned!

Return to Using Autopano Pro & Autopano Giga