Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:50 pm 

Trying to figure out what I've done wrong in my set up. Shooting a 16mm lens on a Nikon D800E body. Nodal Ninja 5 with EZ-Leveler II. Shot 10 images to make a 360 image. Using Intel Xeon CPU E5620@2.40GHz, with 24Gig of RAM on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit OS and Autopano Pro 3.5.0. Anyone have time to look at my images and see if they can make them work on your end to eliminate the possibility that i have an image out of place or something. Keep going back into the settings and trying to find something I've not set right yet. Hoping it's something simple. I needed this image completed a month ago. Thanks, in advance for any help or advice!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:02 pm 

dlphoto wrote:
Trying to figure out what I've done wrong in my set up. Shooting a 16mm lens on a Nikon D800E body. Nodal Ninja 5 with EZ-Leveler II. Shot 10 images to make a 360 image. Using Intel Xeon CPU E5620@2.40GHz, with 24Gig of RAM on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit OS and Autopano Pro 3.5.0. Anyone have time to look at my images and see if they can make them work on your end to eliminate the possibility that i have an image out of place or something. Keep going back into the settings and trying to find something I've not set right yet. Hoping it's something simple. I needed this image completed a month ago. Thanks, in advance for any help or advice!!

I'll take a look if you make the images available for download.

What was your shooting pattern?

I guess a main row of 6 at ?? degrees pitch?

But what were the other four images?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:41 pm 

I shot 8 photos around and one up and one down using the 16mm. Same as i've done in the past, but for some reason it's not stitching right. I've uploaded the images to the Box and can send you an invite to your email. You can email me at dlacrone@txtav.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:58 pm 

dlphoto wrote:
I shot 8 photos around and one up and one down using the 16mm. Same as i've done in the past, but for some reason it's not stitching right. I've uploaded the images to the Box and can send you an invite to your email. You can email me at dlacrone@txtav.com

OK - some observations and comments:

1. You should disable the orientation sensor in the camera so that all images have a portrait orientation.

2. You seem to have used aperture priority auto, so your shutter speeds vary. Use full manual exposure and a fixed value for all shots. And f16 is too small an aperture, try f8. Fisheye lenses have huge depth of field at any aperture. You should use manual focus too, fixed for all shots

3. Because shutter speed varies APG 'thinks' that some exposures are bracketed and automatically out them in stacks. You will need to unstack the stacks.

4. APG doesn't recognise your lens as a fisheye - perhaps the EXIF was removed by processing images before stitching? So you need to set the lens type to fisheye in the image properties.

5. Because you have 8-around when 6-around is sufficient you have links created between non-adjacent images. Remove those superfluous links in the Panorama editor Control points editor and optimise.

Then you will find you get a good stitch.

Attachments:
1-ptp2-orientation.jpg
1-ptp2-orientation.jpg [ 103.27 KiB | Viewed 198 times ]
2-ptp2-lenstype.jpg
2-ptp2-lenstype.jpg [ 126.93 KiB | Viewed 198 times ]
3-ptp2-extralinks.jpg
3-ptp2-extralinks.jpg [ 263.11 KiB | Viewed 198 times ]