"Multiple Viewpoints" in 3.5  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
rmark

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: "Multiple Viewpoints" in 3.5

by rmark » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:59 pm

I will continue to use 3.0. Is 3.0 available to new customers?

AntoineM

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by AntoineM » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:20 pm

rmark wrote:Thank you. I understand the model difficulties. But I must point out that 3.0 did have one-checkbox (Multiple Viewpoints) that produced very good results!
I have been using 3.0 successfully for a long time, on multiple viewpoint projects in addition to the air-photos cases.
I don't know what settings the Multiple Viewpoints box used, but can it be brought back? It is the reason that I have recommended your software to so many others, in person and in publications.

Ok rmark, I understand, we are going to think about bringing back a simple multiple viewpoints checkbox in the new 3.5 engine.
Regards,
Antoine

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:25 pm

rmark wrote:I will continue to use 3.0. Is 3.0 available to new customers?

Yes.

http://www.kolor.com/download-previous-version.html

no avatar
rmark

Topic author
Info

by rmark » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:28 pm

Thanks.

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:43 pm

mediavets wrote:
rmark wrote:Thank you. I understand the model difficulties. But I must point out that 3.0 did have one-checkbox (Multiple Viewpoints) that produced very good results!
I have been using 3.0 successfully for a long time, on multiple viewpoint projects in addition to the air-photos cases.
I don't know what settings the Multiple Viewpoints box used, but can it be brought back? It is the reason that I have recommended your software to so many others, in person and in publications.

If 3.0 works for you why not stick with it?

but (besides the availability question of 3.0 version...) this is not really the question?
A new Software does get released with something in mind... less Errors, maybe more Features, hopefully better workflow and faster result. But it should not be the scope top make a one click Radio Option Settings complicated so nobody can find it anymore, erase the Options Name and replae it with a full set of 9 Options with 24 single values which you can randomly mix with same bad result hoping to find the one outer giving you the working pano finally.

And yes I understand that the aereal Images are Special cases. but the success Story suggests apg can handle this... and past (3.0) Version could easily handle These Images too....

@ Antoine: using your Settings from screenshot gives me still no "somehow fitting" pano (even trying all projections)
Georg

no avatar
pablorg

Info

by pablorg » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:50 pm

I have the same problem. I tried the 2.6 trial and it will stitch my aerial photographs with multiple viewpoints no problem.

I bought a license, hoping to be able to export the stitched image but alas a new license does not work with autopano giga 2.6

I get this error message: "Registration failed. The licence you have is obsolete. You need to update your registration code. Go to your account here : http:////www.kolor.com//magento-support// to get a new licence.""

Can somone help?

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:04 pm

pablorg wrote:I have the same problem. I tried the 2.6 trial and it will stitch my aerial photographs with multiple viewpoints no problem.

I bought a license, hoping to be able to export the stitched image but alas a new license does not work with autopano giga 2.6

I get this error message: "Registration failed. The licence you have is obsolete. You need to update your registration code. Go to your account here : http:////www.kolor.com//magento-support// to get a new licence.""

Can somone help?

Welcome to the forum...

A previous post in this thread suggest that v 3.0.x works as well.

You could use your 3.5.x key with that version which you can obtain here:
http://download.kolor.com/apg/stable/history

no avatar
pablorg

Info

by pablorg » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks, i did install 3.0 however, the stitching does not work as well as 2.6, it seems. I can't be fully certain because the errors are most apparent at higher resolution. Since I cannot render from the 2.6 trial, i can't see at too high a resolution, but in the control points editor, it seems 2.6 stitches correctly, while 3.0 does not.

Previous