Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:08 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:25 pm 

Hi!

Really love the flexibility to modify pano geometry. Would love to use this to modify horizont on single fisheye shot. Since I cannot persuade APP to accept a single shot as a pano ==> Anybody here knowing how to get into single-shot-pano editing? Impossible :-/?!

Thanks in advance!

Update:
Found that creating a copy of the file and sending them two into APP does the job and allows for nice modifications as single-image-pano. The distortion control is leages beyond what LR and PS can do, at least with standard sliders.

=> APP-team, can't you allow for single image pano in next version without this workaround?
=> Anybody with a more convenient workaround?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:20 pm 

+1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:03 pm 

The only thing I can think of is to use mesh warp in Corel Paint to adjust the centre then crop to remove the top & bottom (which stay straight).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:25 pm 

Even if you think your fisheye shot is level, defishing it (i.e. reprojecting it to rectilinear) magnifies all inaccuracies, and in most cases you will need to not only level it again but also work on perspective. Panorama software are best for that since they have all the tools to handle this sort of stuff, the only thing needed is to make them efficient at working with many single images.

Come to think of it, you could create a group in AP with all your single fisheye shots, "force every image to be in the same panorama", detect, change projection to rectilinear, and save as layers or save each reprojected image to a separate file. That will be quite efficient.
You might need to fix verticals and change yaw/pitch/roll for each image individually, then autocrop each image individually, save, delete it from the Layers panel, go on to the next one, fix verticals, y/p/r, autocrop, save, delete, next. More work, but you still save time on not having to create a new group for every shot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:25 pm 

DrSlony wrote:
Even if you think your fisheye shot is level, defishing it (i.e. reprojecting it to rectilinear) magnifies all inaccuracies, and in most cases you will need to not only level it again but also work on perspective. Panorama software are best for that since they have all the tools to handle this sort of stuff, the only thing needed is to make them efficient at working with many single images..

I think panotools and PTGui and work with single images?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:35 pm 

mediavets wrote:
DrSlony wrote:
Even if you think your fisheye shot is level, defishing it (i.e. reprojecting it to rectilinear) magnifies all inaccuracies, and in most cases you will need to not only level it again but also work on perspective. Panorama software are best for that since they have all the tools to handle this sort of stuff, the only thing needed is to make them efficient at working with many single images..

I think panotools and PTGui and work with single images?

With equirectangulars.

How would you edit a single rectangular image in a stitcher?

Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:22 pm 

klausesser: though the stitching functionality would be of no use, if the program knows its equirectangular there should be no practical problem in allowing the user to change yaw/pitch/roll. You can do it in e.g. Mathmap.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:58 am 

DrSlony wrote:
klausesser: though the stitching functionality would be of no use, if the program knows its equirectangular there should be no practical problem in allowing the user to change yaw/pitch/roll. You can do it in e.g. Mathmap.

Yes. That´s why i pointed out: "with equirectangulars". ;) :cool:
Not with rectangular images.

best, Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:24 am 

Thought you were taking typing shortcuts ;]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:54 pm 

DrSlony wrote:
Thought you were taking typing shortcuts ;]

??

best, Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:44 pm 

Thought that by "rectangular" you meant "equirectangular" but didn't feel like typing the whole word.