Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Less CP vs height RMS
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:15 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:26 am
Posts: 16
What the best? Good RMS or more points?

If I add some (manual or not) control point and they increase the RMS, I must delete it even if I know they are correct?

thanks,
Vitor


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:15 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7619
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
vitoreis wrote:
What the best? Good RMS or more points?

If I add some (manual or not) control point and they increase the RMS, I must delete it even if I know they are correct?

thanks,
Vitor



let me guess what you mean:
Do you mean there is a relation between the number of CPs and RMS? Well yes and no i believe . . ;) :cool:
What i found - for myself - is, that you better go for as low RMS as possible - no matter of the numbers of CPs.

I always only stop editing when my RMS is around 1. That´s why usually shoot hires panos - and when you zoom in @100% you eveb see very small stitch-errors.

Shooting with a fisheye - low number of shots - it´s a bit easier . . . but also here i go for a RMS of max. 1 - i don´t care for the numbers of CPs.

best, Klaus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:23 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:07 am
Posts: 71
wow Klaus! an RMS of 1? impressive! i usually stop around an RMS of 3 and then fix the rest in photoshop. but thats just me :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:47 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:26 am
Posts: 16
RMS 1??? I have a long way to go :/ :rolleyes:

Let's say that "auto control points" give me 38 points with RMS 3,04. I manually add more 10 (100% correct) points but my RMS is now 3,55. I should delete this extra points?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:13 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 13566
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
vitoreis wrote:
RMS 1??? I have a long way to go :/ :rolleyes:

Let's say that "auto control points" give me 38 points with RMS 3,04. I manually add more 10 (100% correct) points but my RMS is now 3,55. I should delete this extra points?


If the stitch is good why add more; if the stitch is not good is it related to your shooting technique and pattern?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:54 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:26 am
Posts: 16
mediavets wrote:

If the stitch is good why add more; if the stitch is not good is it related to your shooting technique and pattern?


Bad calibration of my NN4... first test panos at exterior seems to be ok. Then I shoot my first client and find a lot of errors stitching the nadir. The good is: I know why it happened. The bad: don´t want to go back to client.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:18 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7619
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
vitoreis wrote:
mediavets wrote:

If the stitch is good why add more; if the stitch is not good is it related to your shooting technique and pattern?


Bad calibration of my NN4... first test panos at exterior seems to be ok. Then I shoot my first client and find a lot of errors stitching the nadir. The good is: I know why it happened. The bad: don´t want to go back to client.



If it´s just the Nadir - do it another way: let the Nadir-shot away, stitch the pano, drag the equirectangular rendering to the KRPano-droplet "convert sphere to cube". You´ll get sixe cubefaces. Retouch the Nadir-hole in the down-face.
Drag *all* six cubefaces together to the droplet "convert cube to sphere" - this way you get a new equirectagular . . . but this one includes the corrected Nadir.

best, Klaus


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group