How to set image as being taken from different point of view  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
DrSlony

How to set image as being taken from different point of view

by DrSlony » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:17 pm

My nadir shots are not taken from the exact same point of view as the rest, since I have to readjust the tripod to take them. Is there a feature in APG that lets me set an image (or stack of images) as being taken from a different point of view, so it reprojects them better?

no avatar
mediavets

Re: How to set image as being taken from different point of

by mediavets » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:36 pm

DrSlony wrote:My nadir shots are not taken from the exact same point of view as the rest, since I have to readjust the tripod to take them. Is there a feature in APG that lets me set an image (or stack of images) as being taken from a different point of view, so it reprojects them better?

In 3.5 there is I believe a way to set multiviewpoint for a single image.

DrSlony

by DrSlony » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Yes but I can't find any documentation for it. It's not intuitive. I tried right-clicking on an image and selecting "Optimize viewpoint", which adds a projection icon to the image but doesn't change it in any way. Then if I right-click again and choose "Local-optimize image" it does get changed. The result wasn't good though.

I'm having hell trying to get fisheye nadir shots to align well.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:50 pm

DrSlony wrote:Yes but I can't find any documentation for it. It's not intuitive. I tried right-clicking on an image and selecting "Optimize viewpoint", which adds a projection icon to the image but doesn't change it in any way. Then if I right-click again and choose "Local-optimize image" it does get changed. The result wasn't good though.

I'm having hell trying to get fisheye nadir shots to align well.

Hi!

Render cubefaces (KRPano droplet), take the down face which shows the Nadir as planar projektion.
Here you can:

1) edit the Nadir hole by retouching it in Photoshop.
2) fill in your Nadir shot - of course you need to plan-project it first ;) :cool:

I prefer to retouch it with the stamp-tool - because i usually take longer lenses with which Nadir shots are impossible to do.

best, Klaus

DrSlony

by DrSlony » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:20 pm

Yes it looks like I will have to do that. Pity, I hoped APG could twist and turn the fisheye nadir as needed to make it fit :]

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:22 pm

DrSlony wrote:Yes it looks like I will have to do that. Pity, I hoped APG could twist and turn the fisheye nadir as needed to make it fit :]

Maybe it can!? I never used it this way :cool:

Guess it would be nice to get a clue from the Kolor guys . . =D

best, Klaus

DrSlony

by DrSlony » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:44 pm

I tried again now on a panorama made from tone-mapped images (before it was the same panorama but all stacks), and now using "Optimize viewpoint of this image" and then "Local optimize this image" works wonders!

My expectation was that everything on the plane of the floor should be possible to stitch correctly despite the different point of view. Sure enough, after manually placing a few control points and using this button, the floor jumps into the correct place :] The furniture is of course still wrong, but it does not matter, I just want an automatically-fitted nadir for easy patching :cool:
Attachments
scrot_2014-02-27 154207.png
After "Optimize viewpoint of this image" and then "Local optimize this image"
scrot_2014-02-27 154153.png
Before

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:06 pm

This feature exists and it works super well in v3.5. It is called multiple viewpoint on some images only. Right click on the nadir, say it is a multiple viewpoint image, optimize. It should do the trick.
Note: be sure that controls point from this image are on a single plane only.

Return to Using Autopano Pro & Autopano Giga