Is there a way to reset the "Move" to its original position?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Bmachine

Is there a way to reset the "Move" to its original position?

by Bmachine » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I am following the tutorial on using the masking tool to eliminate the tripod on nadir shots and it is working with good (although not perfect) success.

One step that is recommended is, after the 360 degree pano has been detected is to move the area where the tripod is visible to the center of the image in order to apply the red and green Xs for masking. But once that is done and the Preview looks good, is there a way to move the pano back to its original position? Obviously you can do it by hand but that is never going to be exactly like it was to start with.

Thank you.

Bo

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Is there a way to reset the "Move" to its original posit

by mediavets » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:31 pm

Bmachine wrote:Hello everyone,

I am following the tutorial on using the masking tool to eliminate the tripod on nadir shots and it is working with good (although not perfect) success.

One step that is recommended is, after the 360 degree pano has been detected is to move the area where the tripod is visible to the center of the image in order to apply the red and green Xs for masking. But once that is done and the Preview looks good, is there a way to move the pano back to its original position? Obviously you can do it by hand but that is never going to be exactly like it was to start with.

Thank you.

Bo

Use the Vanishing point tool to centre the nadir then use the yaw/Pitch Roll tool and adjust the pitch in 90 degree increments.

DrSlony

by DrSlony » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:43 pm

Yes. First I want to say that the proper way to do it is to not worry about verticals till the end, and to not include the nadir shot while detecting your pano, because (unless you know of some technique I don't) your nadir will not be taken from the no-parallax point, so it will screw up the stitching of those other shots that were taken perfectly from the NPP. Once the pano without the nadir shot is detected and RMS is good, then you change the pitch of the pano so you're looking down at the floor, then add the nadir shot, drag it more or less into place, right-click on it and do local geometry analysis and local optimize (remember, you want to move this image relative to the pano, not the other way around!), and then, finally, you place verticals to get the panorama straight.

Back to your question. If you already placed verticals and got your pano perfectly straight, but then find yourself needing to, for example, look at the floor, there's an easy way to do that without screwing up your perfectly straight pano - use the numerical transform tool! Set pitch to -90, do whatever it is you want to do, then set pitch +90.

no avatar
Bmachine

by Bmachine » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:48 pm

DrSlony wrote:there's an easy way to do that without screwing up your perfectly straight pano - use the numerical transform tool! Set pitch to -90, do whatever it is you want to do, then set pitch +90.

Brilliant! Yes, that makes so much sense!

I am intrigued by your other method for the nadir shots. I'll have to try and figure that out somehow.
Right now I have built a tripod rig that allows me to shoot nadir shots fairly accurately (not 100%) so alignment has not been too much of a problem anymore.

Thanks Slony.

Bo

no avatar
Bmachine

by Bmachine » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:49 pm

mediavets wrote:
Use the Vanishing point tool to centre the nadir then use the yaw/Pitch Roll tool and adjust the pitch in 90 degree increments.

Great idea. Thanks mediavets!

Return to Using Autopano Pro & Autopano Giga