Specify number of images per pano for spherical 360x180 pano  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
paulmp

Specify number of images per pano for spherical 360x180 pano

by paulmp » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi All,

I've downloaded the demo of Autopano Giga, I'm trying to work out whether to buy it or not. I've had a check through the documentation and I can't find a way to specify the number of images per pano?

I mostly shoot virtual tours with a Nodal Ninja R1 head and a Canon 8-15mm lens. My shooting process is always 12 images, comprising of 4 hdr images shot at 90 degrees from each other.

What I'd love to be able to do is just drop a folder into Autopano Giga and have it go through and find all the HDR Spheres and then I can batch render them with minimal effort on my part. Up until this point I've been templating and batching through PTGui.

I've found the "stack by N" function, so I go through and stack all my images by 3, but it's still wanting to combine 72 images into 1 panoramic sphere, when I only want 12 images per pano. I tried doing it via the import tool and that didn't affect it at all.

Any ideas?

Regards

Paul

no avatar
HansKeesom

Re: Specify number of images per pano for spherical 360x180

by HansKeesom » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:41 pm

Choose file->browse folder and then change minimum and average numbers

no avatar
paulmp

by paulmp » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:44 pm

HansKeesom wrote:Choose file->browse folder and then change minimum and average numbers

I've done that and I'm still getting groups with 24, 48 and 168 images, if I run the detection on the group with 168 images, I only get 4 panos, 3 of them have 12 images making them up.. the last pano has the *rest* of the images in that group making it a really weird, modern art type pano.

- paul

no avatar
paulmp

by paulmp » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:48 pm

HansKeesom wrote:Choose file->browse folder and then change minimum and average numbers

Sorry, I just tried that again, and it's worked the third time I've tried it.. not sure why it didn't work previously :-/

Sorry for the newbie questions! Thanks for the help.

- paul

Return to Using Autopano Pro & Autopano Giga