klausesser wrote:PS: i´m very well aware that APG puts out .exr or .hdr files. But i´m not convinced it really PRODUCES "true" HDR.
Some time ago somebody put that to discussion here and we checked it in Nuke - Nuke did NOT identify the APG-files being
"true" HDR . .
Not everything which is labeled "hdr" truely IS hdr these days.
. . I work in games.
I'm asking about the EXIF because when merging in LuminanceHDR or Photoshop, it analyzes the EXIF data to know about the exposure values. It complains when there is no exif data, don't know if that actually makes a difference when merging, but I suppose so!
Destiny wrote:Ok.. I too tried Klaus method but... I set it as normal.. Hard links, grouped stacks etc.. After detection I went to Edit, and turned all but one layer off.. I then rendered them individually.. 5 layers and this is the results.. Do not take any notice of the stitching.. It has huge issues... Its just the HDR render that I am showcasing here... I used Photomatix and feel that Default, Smooth and Enhanced are quite nice.. If done this way it seems to work.. I tried to use the sIBL_GUI 4 my my Mac blocks it.. So, not so ridicules after all..
I can only add 3 images here so next post. You really need to render to get the full picture of results since preview and final render seems to be different.. The good thing about Photomatix, you can save your Presets which APGP lacks..
Destiny wrote:So.. the question now is, when using the full pano to achieve a HDR pano, the two ends of the Pano do not merge..
Destiny wrote:To be honest, I find HDR interesting but I do not really like it... not when over done anyway... Natural would be fine..
Destiny wrote:I see... What would you say this file type is...
Destiny wrote:Ok... Now I have my HDR image, what next...
PS... The first thing I notice is the hugely reduced blowout of light coming from the fluro light...
Destiny wrote:One thing is certain.. Its all very interesting..
chafouin wrote:I continued my tests and tried the "render layers in APP then merge them to HDR" method. It does work but you get some weird color clamping / banding / flattening in some parts of the image, not even in the hightlights or shadows, but on some surfaces... I actually noticed the same with the "bracketed exposures merged to HDR in APP", with Simple Blending or Multiband.
chafouin wrote:The only solution that gives me a PERFECT file is the one where I merge the bracketed exposures firsts, then stitch them in APP. Pretty much what everyone says in general about making HDR probes
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests