Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:23 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:23 pm 

Hi,
APP announces a critical error: Too many pictures may be overlapped, not enough memory (even after restarting the computer and running no other program; there are 8 GB RAM, 64bit-system).
The pano includes 135 images containing 5 exposure brackets of 27 shots in three rows. Each image was downsized before to 1600 Pixels for the long side. APP estimated the dimensions 19 x 9 inch/300 ppi.
Output should have been a HDR-File.
I have sorted the layers in different ways as the error-prompt says, but it didn't help.
I have processed a similar HDR-Output with APP before, I'm not quite sure, but I guess the pano was even larger.
What went wrong this time?

Regards
Wolfgang

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:20 pm 

Rontrus wrote:
Hi,
APP announces a critical error: Too many pictures may be overlapped, not enough memory (even after restarting the computer and running no other program; there are 8 GB RAM, 64bit-system).
The pano includes 135 images containing 5 exposure brackets of 27 shots in three rows. Each image was downsized before to 1600 Pixels for the long side. APP estimated the dimensions 19 x 9 inch/300 ppi.
Output should have been a HDR-File.
I have sorted the layers in different ways as the error-prompt says, but it didn't help.
I have processed a similar HDR-Output with APP before, I'm not quite sure, but I guess the pano was even larger.
What went wrong this time?

Regards
Wolfgang

APP/APG 3.x is more demanding of hardware than earlier versions, in my experience.

You might find it easier, and better, to process your bracketed exposures before stitching.

What settings did you have for your stacks?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:53 pm 

I've just had the same error on a pano that I wouldn't have expected issues on before. 80 images, bracketed in 5 stacks caused a problem; but deleting some of the extra images I probably didn't need dropped it to 55 images, and it passed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:11 pm 

are your Images compresse fileformat like jpg? than add the uncompressed filessizes.
have a look at the Settings -> General -> Memory used.
you say you've 8GB... but what is free?
(I've 16GB and on my win8.1 64bit only 7.6 GB are free...)
so is your uncompressed Image filesize clear smaller than the free Memory?

look at Settings -> General -> Temporary Folders
is there one entry Minimum? is on this disc enough space free?
are more than one Folder listed: each one must have enough free space...

... under Settings->General->Memory used also the number of total possible overlapping Images is listed
if in your case the number of Images is bigger than the listed possible overlapping Images than you have to disable antighost Feature....

Georg