Cropping / masking - am I missing something?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
llamasteve

Cropping / masking - am I missing something?

by llamasteve » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:31 pm

Hello,

I've been evaluating Autopano Giga as an alternative to Hugin. I've been very impressed with it, but there are a couple of things that I'm puzzled by.

I am creating 360 panoramas with a fish-eye lens. I have 6 main horizon shots, and two zenith and two nadir - 10 images in total. For the zenith and nadir shots I want to heavily crop the part that is used in the rendered panorama.

If I crop the zenith/nadir in the image edit area to just leave a small circle in the centre, it appears this is stripping out all the control points that exist round the edge of the image.

Is there a way of making sure the edges of my zenith/nadir images do not appear in the rendered panorama, whilst leaving all the control points round the edge in place?

many thanks

Stephen

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Cropping / masking - am I missing something?

by mediavets » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:02 pm

llamasteve wrote:Hello,

I've been evaluating Autopano Giga as an alternative to Hugin. I've been very impressed with it, but there are a couple of things that I'm puzzled by.

I am creating 360 panoramas with a fish-eye lens. I have 6 main horizon shots, and two zenith and two nadir - 10 images in total. For the zenith and nadir shots I want to heavily crop the part that is used in the rendered panorama.

If I crop the zenith/nadir in the image edit area to just leave a small circle in the centre, it appears this is stripping out all the control points that exist round the edge of the image.

Is there a way of making sure the edges of my zenith/nadir images do not appear in the rendered panorama, whilst leaving all the control points round the edge in place?

many thanks

Stephen

Welcome to the forum...

I am not aware of any way of doing that with APG.

Return to Using Autopano Pro & Autopano Giga