Autopano 'groups'  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
marvinberry

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Autopano 'groups'

by marvinberry » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi all,

I'm having an ongoing issue with APG3 and not sure how to get around it. After I've taken my 360x180 images for virtual tour and then import the pictures into APG3 I find the shots are always separated into groups. I can't get all shots into one panorama stitch. Please see the screen grab attached. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem? I always find the sky area is in a separate group. So when I look at the stitch it's not 180 degrees vertical it's more like 140 degrees. If I change the 'projection' in APG3 to 180 degrees it warps the image.

Many thanks!

James
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-11-28 at 19.18.17.png

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Autopano 'groups'

by mediavets » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Looks like you are shooting with a Panogear/Merlin robotic pano head?

If so use the XML data file it generates with the Papywizard Import wizard, that should enable you to have all your images incorporated in one pano including those troublesome 'featureless' sky shots.

If you are using a Panogear/Merlin robotic head what controller are you using - Papywizard, or Panoshoot, or the T&C/Panogear Touch controller?

no avatar
marvinberry

Topic author
Info

by marvinberry » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi thanks for your response. Yes I'm using the Panogear Motorised Head purchased through Kolor. On this occasion I performed manually and didn't use the wi-fi controller function. I operated using the manual joystick on the back on the Panoshoot module. Therefore no XML file was created this time. Is there anyway to merge the groups together in APG3?

James

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:29 pm

marvinberry wrote:Hi thanks for your response. Yes I'm using the Panogear Motorised Head purchased through Kolor. On this occasion I performed manually and didn't use the wi-fi controller function. I operated using the manual joystick on the back on the Panoshoot module. Therefore no XML file was created this time. Is there anyway to merge the groups together in APG3?

James

No.

You can force all images into the panorama and then try and place control points manually or manually position images and hard link them.

If you have a regular matrix of images you could make an XML file using Papywizard in simulation mode.

Anyway - now you know why you should create and XML data file when shooting this type of panorama with a robotic panohead that offers that feature. ;)

no avatar
marvinberry

Topic author
Info

by marvinberry » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:44 pm

OK thanks for your help! Will use the XML next time!!!