Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: PTgui or APG or both
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:09 am 

I am considering buying Panotour Pro, but should I also buy APG. I have used PTgui for 10 years, so I am quite familiar with that program me, but APG looks very slick and has some features I do not find in PTgui.

My question is, will my workflow be quicker with APG?
Will my results be better?
If I go for APG, will there then be times where I could benefit from using PTgui?

Post subject: Re: PTgui or APG or both
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:37 am 

Hi...

There is a new version of APG coming out soon.. APG will be handy if you want to try out LivePano.. I hope to have a go at that soon.. I never get time to try it.. PTGui to be honest is awesome but sometimes its fails to work where as APG will succeed.. APG is much more of a professional software app.. Its got some very unique features but you need a lot of RAM to use some of them..

With PTP, I would most certainly advise buying it.. Its a bit of a learning curve to understand some of the new features but its an awesome software app and getting better with each new release... Its at Beta 4 at the moment.. It still needs a lot of bugs fixing and its also in need of a lot more features which in time will come...

Destiny...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:49 am 

clausjepsen wrote:
I am considering buying Panotour Pro, but should I also buy APG. I have used PTgui for 10 years, so I am quite familiar with that program me, but APG looks very slick and has some features I do not find in PTgui.

My question is, will my workflow be quicker with APG?
Will my results be better?
If I go for APG, will there then be times where I could benefit from using PTgui?

APG is required if you wish to use Livepano.

If you create a lot of partial panos (panos with an FOV of less than 360x180) and wish to use them with Panotour Pro (PTP) then there can be an advantage in setting the pano FOV data correctly because APG writes that data into an EXIF tag that PTP can read.

If you use one of the supported robotic pano heads then APG offers benefits in a placing 'featureless' images that would otherwise be omitted from the stitch.

Users report that sometimes APG can stitch panos that PTGui has trouble with and vice versa.

Quite a few have and use both.

You need powerful hardware to get the best from APG 3.x; a 64-bit OS, plenty of RAM, a good graphics card, and fast disks are advisable.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:20 pm 

Thanks guys, I think I will go for the bundle and save 100$.