Full Preview and rendered image difference.  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
caretaker360

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Full Preview and rendered image difference.

by caretaker360 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:51 pm

I am working with a hand held series of images. I get a acceptable result when viewed using full preview but default rendered pano is not the same. Any thoughts ?

Thanks
Christian
Attachments
croix2.PNG
Screen shot after rendered
croix1.PNG
screen shot APG

no avatar
marzipano

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

Re: Full Preview and rendered image difference.

by marzipano » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:59 am

This topic has been discussed earlier on this forum

http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18361&hilit=preview+different+to+render#p121099

The only way to get a reliable preview which will be the same as the final render is to preview the whole panorama in one screen. If only part of the panorama is previewed the algorithms may give different results based on the reduced scope

Also, and from my own bitter experience, the railings in the foreground of your samples are much to close to the camera to attempt a handheld pano without getting major stitching issues. Even millimeter movements of the camera between shots lead to insurmountable stitching problems

I wouldn't recommend any complex objects closer than about 10 meters for handheld personally

best
Martin

no avatar
caretaker360

Topic author
Info

by caretaker360 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Thanks for the input. Shooting by hand was not a choice but rather a lack of options. This location is very close to a high power communications antenna array . The only electronic thing that worked was the camera. This pano was a reference shot to show client why he does not have his real pano. 70 lbs and 300 feet up, this is all I have to show for it. As they say, sh_t happens :-)

annex: I loaded up the pano in APG and zoomed in into 80% to look at prewiew. Still getting the same.

Shot on Nikon D800 and a 14 mm 2.8

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:44 pm

caretaker360 wrote:Shooting by hand was not a choice but rather a lack of options. This location is very close to a high power communications antenna array . The only electronic thing that worked was the camera.

Sory - i can´t see any sense it that!? Why woulnd´t you be able to use a tripod and a manual head or even a motorized head via a tethered controller?
I used the Panoneed in such surroundings several times - WLan-/BT-contol most likely is forbidden or doesn´t work here anyway.
But a tethered controller works, as i experienced.

caretaker360 wrote:annex: I loaded up the pano in APG and zoomed in into 80% to look at prewiew. Still getting the same.

If you cannot redo the shot you can edit the pano manually and/or retouch the errors in Photoshop. Much work of course - but it can be done.

best, Klaus

no avatar
caretaker360

Topic author
Info

by caretaker360 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Sory - i can´t see any sense it that!? Why woulnd´t you be able to use a tripod and a manual head or even a motorized head via a tethered controller?
best, Klaus[/quote]

Hello Klaus, I was using a tethered (you can see the rig at other end) Panoneed. But for some reason the controller went crazy 99% not working and when it did, sent the camera and lens in a crazy random pattern.

But that was not the point of the thread, it was a question of why the difference between a 100% preview and the final stitched pano. If you wish to discuss the Panoneed, christian@zphoto.ca :-) (I would love to hear your experience on the subject) because I will have to go back and do it again.