Ram / Memory usage allocation  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by HansKeesom » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:15 pm

wow 10 K euro. But that includes a lot of other stuff I see.

I bought an upgrade kit : motherboard, cpu, watercooler, 32 GB of memory and 2 GB HDD and payed 1200 euro. later bought a PSU.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:25 pm

HansKeesom wrote:wow 10 K euro. But that includes a lot of other stuff I see.

I bought an upgrade kit : motherboard, cpu, watercooler, 32 GB of memory and 2 GB HDD and payed 1200 euro. later bought a PSU.

yes.... this thecus nas is included too: http://www.thecus.com/product.php?PROD_ID=73
it will get cheaper ;-) starting to setup in august and final peaces I will add one year later...

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
con

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by con » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:47 pm

Artisan New wrote:Yeps Lumelix,

Rendering is no problem......but when you want to throw the final panorama into KRPANO you can run into trouble. On my 8 Gb (carefull Hans is watching ;)), I made a 2.4 Gpixel sphere in APP (worked like a charm). Then I used KRPANO to create 6 cubefaces (to edit the nadir) after that I wanted to recreate the equirecty again.....and create a multires VR sphere out of it. Bad luck......KRPANO said thanks but no thanks. The six cubfaces were slightly larger put together then the equirecty and that blew out my memory.

Greets, Ed.

you can get around this with some terminal work to allow a greater number of items in the ram space as MAc OSX has a max size. KRPano forum has something on it somewhere if you do some digging

no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by HansKeesom » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:09 am

Or you might want to look at the virtual machines that Dimensiondata.com is offering. You can dynamicly run 1-16 CPU's and 1-128GB of RAM. I have done tests in the past and I must say these XEON machines they have really run fast. At the time I was running 8 CPU with 64 GB of RAM machines and when running two machines with 4 editors open I wasn't able to keep up with the speed of the preview. Syncing I did using dropbox.

At the moment I have a 64 GB machine myself which is more then fast enough for the commerciall work I do. I do have work that is slow even on this machine, but for work that is not earning me anything I am not going to spent money.

At full speed these machines will set you back about 100 euro a day, but you can run them on less CPU's and less GB of ram when you don't need all that force.

I would not use them for rendering because the resulting files can take long to sync. Better sync the pano back to your own machine and render it there. If that is to small, off course I can make you an account on my 16 GB server so you can use that as a cloud machine for free!
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

Previous