Trying to stitch a 360 pano of a stadium--need help  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
a_game

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Trying to stitch a 360 pano of a stadium--need help

by a_game » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Hey yall!
Here are the settings and results I was getting. I usually get perfect results after the detection phase and only have to fix a few things in photoshop, but this time, things just aren't stitching correctly.
I was using the following:
-Nikkon D-800
-50mm + 200mm lenses
-manual pano head
My results
my settings:
Now I have a feeling what is happening is that APG is getting confused with repeating elements of the stadium and even confusing the sky with the tarp my I was standing on. But I know there has to be a way around this without having to do too much work manually. Any help you all have would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by a_game on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
vklaffehn

Info

by vklaffehn » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:40 pm

did you use the GigaPan import wizard?

no avatar
a_game

Topic author
Info

by a_game » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:30 pm

no I just selected the images. As I understand, the gigapan import wizard does not do 360 panoramas.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:47 pm

a_game wrote:no I just selected the images. As I understand, the gigapan import wizard does not do 360 panoramas.

It seems to have an option to force 360s:

Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:49 pm

a_game wrote:Hey yall!
Here are the settings and results I was getting. I usually get perfect results after the detection phase and only have to fix a few things in photoshop, but this time, things just aren't stitching correctly.
I was using the following:
Nikkon D-800
50mm + 200mm lenses
Gigapan Epic Pro

You are shooting with two different lenses?

Do you shoot the whole pano scene twice or what?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
a_game

Topic author
Info

by a_game » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:55 pm

My photographer shot the whole scene with a 50 mm lens, and then shot the section of the pano where the seats are with the 200 mm lens. Also, it turns out he used a manual head, not a gigapan.

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:34 am

if your photographer did shoot the pano by accident with same pattern than the gigapan Import does provide... you've luck...
otherwhise you could download papywizzard and try to generate a dummy XML file (no head needed) to reproduce the pattern your photographer did use... you've luck...
otherwhise you can create an XML file by Hand (very timeconsuming)... you're unlucky guy in this case...
you also can manually move your Images to the correct Position and than stich the Project...
put the different focals into different layers... search the Forum.... some postings are about the Topic multiple focals...

lession learned: testing Workflows before doing the Project... ;-)

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:31 am

gkaefer wrote:if your photographer did shoot the pano by accident with same pattern than the gigapan Import does provide... you've luck...
otherwhise you could download papywizzard and try to generate a dummy XML file (no head needed) to reproduce the pattern your photographer did use... you've luck...
otherwhise you can create an XML file by Hand (very timeconsuming)... you're unlucky guy in this case...
you also can manually move your Images to the correct Position and than stich the Project...
put the different focals into different layers... search the Forum.... some postings are about the Topic multiple focals...

Georg

But can you envisage either Gigapan or Papywizard Import being able to handle both the complete scene shot with 50mm and part of the scene shot with 200mm?
Andrew Stephens

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:49 pm

mediavets wrote:
gkaefer wrote:if your photographer did shoot the pano by accident with same pattern than the gigapan Import does provide... you've luck...

Georg

But can you envisage either Gigapan or Papywizard Import being able to handle both the complete scene shot with 50mm and part of the scene shot with 200mm?

if I remember well. no importer can handle this. correct.
but I found this one ;-(
http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=112377#p112377

Georg

PS: I'm interested in trying that. maybe ist possible to get a set of your Images (resized jpgs with 50%compression or so...)?
Last edited by gkaefer on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.