How to improve stitching ? RMS under 3.0  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Baldev

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

How to improve stitching ? RMS under 3.0

by Baldev » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:17 pm

HI

How can I improve spots like this ( screenshot ) ? The RMS is under 3.0

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/1485/qll3.jpg

I worked with the 3 lense distortion Renderings. And improved all the control points manual.

So this spots like on the screenshot. What can I do about it? With Masks I can sometimes get better results.

So can this be because I shot the pictures without Nodalpoint-finder? What other reasons can this have?

Thanks!!

I

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Baldev wrote:So can this be because I shot the pictures without Nodalpoint-finder?

Yes.

What lens and camera did you use?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Baldev

Topic author
Info

by Baldev » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi

Panasonic Lumix DMC - FZ150 the lense is 25mm Wide. Of course All settings Manual. Iso, Whitebalance, Focus,( is Focus actually necessary to make it manual? ) and exposure.

So are there any possibilities to get a better result without a nodalpointfinder? I just use a Tripod.

Baldi

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Baldev wrote:Hi

Panasonic Lumix DMC - FZ150 the lense is 25mm Wide. Of course All settings Manual. Iso, Whitebalance, Focus,( is Focus actually necessary to make it manual? ) and exposure.

So are there any possibilities to get a better result without a nodalpointfinder? I just use a Tripod.

Baldi

No - I don't think so.

You might be able to 'get away' with it if shooting a partial pano (less than 360 x 180 dgeress Feild of View) of an outdoor scene with nothing close to the camera but not indoors.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:28 pm

Baldev wrote:Hi

Baldi

You need to FIND the "Nodalpoint" - in fact the entrance-pupil aka NoParallaxPoint - but you need a "Nodal-Adapter" aka "panorama-head" to shoot a panorama.
This head allows you to pan and tilt the camera-/lens-combination around the NPP for avoiding any parallaxe.

To begin with i suggest a NodalNinja.

Parallaxe causes stitch-errors.

So: yes - you´ll get the best results with a) exactly *finding* the NPP and b) precisely *aligning* your camera/lens according to your findings.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mosleyhgp

Info

by mosleyhgp » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:01 pm

And remember (since the FZ-150 is a superzoom) that the Nodal point is different at different focal lengths.

no avatar
Baldev

Topic author
Info

by Baldev » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi

Ok I thougt that this answer will come :D It doesn´t help me for the moment but Thanks anyway.

Im very amazed how much good feedback I get here. Very nice forum! THX!

no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by HansKeesom » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Making sure your nodal point is perfect is the best things to do.

Still, these things can often be repaired in APG with markers. It is matter of finding the picture in which the whole line that is broken is present and use green markers on it. When there is not one picture that holds the whole line it still can be done but it still can be done.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.