Tell Autopano to use more of one picture.  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Baldev

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Tell Autopano to use more of one picture.

by Baldev » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi

Im quiete new to Panoramas.So be patient please.

How can I tell Autopano that it should use, in the final Panorama,more of one picture than another?
Is this possible?

A quick answer would be nice because I have to show some results to my boss.... And at the moment the stitching doesn´t fit directly on an important part.

A totally different question.

I take the picture with a normal lense. So I have about 60 pictures for a room. When I stitch the pictures then some pictures are linked to about 10 others. Woul it be better to have them only linked to the picture which is directly next to that picture? Because I do the pictures so that 2/3 is overlapping, so that there is a big space for finding controllpoints. And then Any suggestions?

Thank you Im really happy for any help. :rolleyes:

no avatar
lumelix

Info

by lumelix » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:38 am

Hi
1. question:
You can use the masking tool to tell APG not to use some area in other images:
http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/Autopano_Giga_-_Panorama_Editor_-_Masking_tool
Or you can use alpha layers (edit images, delete unwanted area and save them as TIF).
2. question:
Overlapping 2/3 is to much. It's better you shoot with only 1/3 (25-30%) overlapping, so that you have only links
to the neighboring images. This way you have much less images to deal with.
Regards
Martin

no avatar
Baldev

Topic author
Info

by Baldev » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi!

Wow this maskin tool works somehow. But can somebody explain how? The area which will be kept is only in the sice of the green dot? Can I make the area bigger?
Couldn´t find a tut for the masking tool.

THanks to lumelix.

no avatar
vklaffehn

Info

by vklaffehn » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:41 pm

It tries to trace the border of the object you put your marker in and uses/dont uses that area while blending, as far as I understand. Like antighost, but you say what to keep.

MfG
Volker Klaffehn