How to add circular logo in panorama  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
mrmark

How to add circular logo in panorama

by mrmark » Wed May 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Dear All,

For a client I made some panorama's on a tripod. One of his questions was to add a logo 'on the bottom' of the panorama to mask the tripod. Should this be done in the stitching proces?

I tried to add his 'circular logo' as an extra picture but when the stitching is done unfortunately there is no logo (just the pictures from the original tripod)

How can this be done?

Thanks!

p.s. it's diffenent than a 'normal' logo in the panotour maker so I placed this in the Giga forum.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed May 29, 2013 7:08 pm

You could use krpanotools - or Pano2VR - to convert to cube faces, edit the cube face add the logo, and then convert back.

But why not do it in Panotour Pro?
Last edited by mediavets on Wed May 29, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
mrmark

by mrmark » Thu May 30, 2013 10:06 am

mmm as far as I know logo's can only be placed in a corner? :/
I would like this to cover up the place of the tripod, and of course that customers see his logo. My Idea was to add it in the panorama before stitching.
If I place it as a hotspot the problem is it stays the same size, so if I zoom out it (the logo) covers too much of the orignal panorama.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu May 30, 2013 7:53 pm

mrmark wrote:mmm as far as I know logo's can only be placed in a corner? :/
I would like this to cover up the place of the tripod, and of course that customers see his logo. My Idea was to add it in the panorama before stitching.
If I place it as a hotspot the problem is it stays the same size, so if I zoom out it (the logo) covers too much of the orignal panorama.

You'd need to have a 360x180 pano image then you will see there is a Nadir patch feature enabled:

Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
mrmark

by mrmark » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:48 am

Sir! Thank you! Exactly what I needed :)

mediavets wrote:
mrmark wrote:mmm as far as I know logo's can only be placed in a corner? :/

You'd need to have a 360x180 pano image then you will see there is a Nadir patch feature enabled:

signmaster

by signmaster » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:45 am

These photoshop plugins should solve your problem.
Super Cubic is a collection of Photoshop filters that help the retouching of spherical/equirectangular panoramas. The filters will turn the top and bottom (zenith and nadir) of your panorama into flat planes that are easily edited. You then turn the retouched parts back onto your panorama to complete the job.

http://www.superrune.com/tools/supercubic.php

Steve

Return to Using Autopano Pro & Autopano Giga