[AGP 3.0.5 OSX 10.8.3] Opening images to stitch  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
oreillyfotograf

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

[AGP 3.0.5 OSX 10.8.3] Opening images to stitch

by oreillyfotograf » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:05 am

Greetings all,

My workflow consists of converting image sets of each panorama to .TIFF files which I then open in AGP to stitch and edit.

My TIFF filenames will typically be 'pano1-1234.tiff, pano1-1235.tif...' for pano1. Pano2s filename will begin with pano2 and so on...

My question is can I select a folder to open within APG which can detect the different filnames and apply each set of pano1 filenames to a single pano, pano2 filenames to yhe next pano, and so on?

I thought that there was a similar feature in a previous version of APG, but I'm unable to find the setting within the preferences. I can ony see 'Settings > Detection > Links' "Force every image to be in one panorama"

Currenlty, I'm browsing to the directory, and manually selecting each pano set to open, one at a time.

Any help greatly appreciated
Kind regards,

Niall
Fuji Stuff!!

no avatar
lumelix

Info

by lumelix » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:18 am

Hi
Have you try out the "search Folder" function in the file menu ?
There you have several settings about the panos.
Regards
Martin

no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by HansKeesom » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:22 pm

You can read in a whole folder indeed. Even reading multiple subfolders. With the right setting of the max time between photos and the average number of photos in a panorama you can very nicely seperate each panorama. Then you only need to check the numbers and images to see if all is done right before you can press the Detect All button.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

oreillyfotograf

Topic author
Info

by oreillyfotograf » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:56 am

Martin and Hans,

Thanks for the quick response. I had it in my mind that it was slightly different, I thought I could base the selection on the file name.

Your help still saved me time.

Thanks again...
Kind regards,

Niall
Fuji Stuff!!