Creating a gigapixel collage - 2025 photos - not to be sticthed  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
parisbyphoto

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Creating a gigapixel collage - 2025 photos - not to be sticthed

by parisbyphoto » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:42 pm

Hi,

I need to create a 45 x 45 collage - which will be around 175000 pixels in total, so looking for some software that supports creating collages in grid format and outputs to Photoshop large doc format. Does anyone know if it is possible to use autopano giga for this?

Key here is that it is not a stitched image i want, just support for placing the photos in a set grid size with 0% overlapp - no stitching required.

It would be great if I could do this in autopano giga, if not, if anyone knows of any other software, please let me know.

Thanks,
D

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:46 pm

parisbyphoto wrote:Does anyone know if it is possible to use autopano giga for this?

Thanks,
D

I made a little experiment and it didn't work.

I think the asnwer is probably that it cannot be done with APG.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
parisbyphoto

Topic author
Info

by parisbyphoto » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:48 pm

thanks for trying...

D

klausesser

Liked in: 63 posts
Info

by klausesser » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:58 pm

parisbyphoto wrote:Hi,

I need to create a 45 x 45 collage - which will be around 175000 pixels in total, so looking for some software that supports creating collages in grid format and outputs to Photoshop large doc format. Does anyone know if it is possible to use autopano giga for this?

Key here is that it is not a stitched image i want, just support for placing the photos in a set grid size with 0% overlapp - no stitching required.

It would be great if I could do this in autopano giga, if not, if anyone knows of any other software, please let me know.

Thanks,
D

Years ago i had a photo-mosaic software called "2gether1" on my Mac. Don´t know whether it still exists.
Took thousands of shots and made them 1 very big picture.

best, Klaus

have a look here:
http://www.brighthub.com/multimedia/photography/articles/34691.aspx
http://www.aolej.com/mosaic

But: can´t Photoshop do it anyway?
Last edited by klausesser on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by HansKeesom » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks,
D

A bit of tinkering with import wizards and a 10000 mm lens settings should make it possible. Just for fun I am willing to give it a try. If you can dropbox the files to me I will try it for free.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
tived

Info

by tived » Wed May 01, 2013 10:08 pm

InDesign ??

A page layout program would be able to let you do this, if you can do it automatic, that's another question - but if you are good at scripting then yes its possible

Henrik

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Thu May 02, 2013 10:01 am

It is certainly doable through autopano with some scripting:
- suppose we have 10000mm focal length
- with some of the papywizard generator available in the forum, generate the 45x45 grid you need by saying : no overlap ( 0% )
- use papywizard plugin with the images ( uncheck optimization, not needed ).

Should work but never tested :)

klausesser

Liked in: 63 posts
Info

by klausesser » Thu May 02, 2013 10:50 am

Thanks,
D

What do you have in mind precisely:
using existent photographs for making the grid (that´s what i understood) or do you want to shoot the images to make them aligned on a grid?
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel